I know every recipe doesn’t have to be sensitive to those that are battling carbs. Just made this soup. This soup was so unbelievably delicious and easy to make. Yes, it would make the cook time longer and potentially you’d need more liquid. This recipe is a keeper!! So happy to hear this was a hit; thanks for the comment! Thanks! Would both of those work okay instead? Remove the vegetable mixture from heat and. Made this soup for dinner and was a HUGE hit with the whole family! Your email address will not be published. Add the cauliflower and vegetable broth, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and increase the heat to high and bring to the boil. Tweaks: Add … This recipe is definitely a keeper! While I’m a huge fan of broth based vegetable soups (like this broth-based vegetable soup or this chicken vegetable soup), my boys prefer creamy soups with lots of cheese in them. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Bring to a boil and simmer until potato is tender. I am confused on the serving size…I have a 1/4th cup ladle that I use to dig out 1 cup of soup and that’s what I decided to call a serving. You just can’t escape snarky comments like these that emerge from the saddest users of the internet. leave me a comment below. I’d just recommend leaving out or reducing the amount of added salt . Also used 2 kinds of cheddar we had to yum it up. How would that change things? It’s better for you, the environment and tastes better. I’d love to try this out! I’d stir in some chopped rotisserie chicken at the end . I’ve been looking for a great soup recipe for awhile and I’m so glad I found this to try! What about the green beans? I made a began version of this recipe. This soup was amazing!! I these recipes with entire life stories before the recipe! This blended vegetable soup is quick, easy, and loaded with green veggies. You should try making a vegetable soup with vegetable stock! Thank you for sharing your recipe. Search my 1,000+ recipes to find exactly what you’re looking for. It was delicious! Yay!! I am so happy to hear this Stephanie! Thanks for your comment! Cook for a few minutes till … Thanks so much for your comment! If so what kind would you recommend? I made this recipe but instead with almond milk and everyone loved it! Glad this was a hit; thanks David! Required fields are marked *. Puree the soup in batches in a blender and return to saucepan. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/winning-cream-of-vegetable-soup It takes time for the soup to come to a boil, and it takes time for the butter/flour/milk to thicken and gently boil, etc. How could I make it the day before serving? Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Remove the pot from the heat, stir in the almonds and allow them to soak in the soup for about 10 minutes while the soup cools a bit. This soup was so easy and SO yum! I just wanted to post this for those that are. It’s absolutely delicious! So good and went into my recipe book where I put recipes I will make again. Yay! A delicious and easy-to-make creamy vegetable soup packed with veggies and healthy ingredients. We made this last night and it was delicious! But I’m tired of having just plain’ ole chicken broth based vegetable soup so this looks to be a good starting place. I did not see cream in list of ingredients. I happened to have most of the veggies … not all – used onion powder instead of an onion. Decided to cook this after trying to figure out what to do with the left over chicken stock. . I’ll also usually whip up a salad to serve alongside it (like this crispy chicken salad) and if I’m feeling ambitious, these dinner rolls also make it on the table. This aromatic green curry soup is packed with spinach, mushrooms, Sure! I’m glad you thought of that switch so you could have this! In a large pot over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Nice job! Add in the celery and zucchini, and sauté for about 5 minutes until softened. Thank you so much. Pinterest and She became part of our family, and I think of her as my second sister. So glad you enjoyed it. This is one of their favorites. . I am so happy to hear this Claudine! It’s time to replace salads with soups as it’s getting brrr-cold, about to start my Sunday batch cooking with this soup! Just don’t add the roux until Sunday? Meanwhile, melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. I am counting calories, so this piece is very important to me. Thanks so much for the comment and review Angela , DELICIOUS!! Thrilled to hear that! So happy to hear that! I owe my health to that eating regime. Thanks! So glad you enjoyed! This recipe is fantastic and I am making it for the second time tonight (during lock-down) and due to lack of groceries have to make some adjustments. We ended up eating dinner at 9:00 p.m. how many ounces does this recipe make? Stir in flour and cook, whisking constantly 1 minute. Yes, it will be less creamy and thick though. . So, so happy to hear that! Is that okay, you think? I used veggie stock to make it vegetarian, and it was delicious. Thanks Karin . Reduce the heat to medium, and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower is just softened. Stir in the chopped potatoes, Italian seasoning, and chicken stock. . A keeper, thank you! We used chicken bone broth and diced up kielbasa pretty small and fried it up and added it for some added protein. The secret to the great flavor of this soup and most vegetable soups in the stock it is cooked in. I cooked it today. Just throw everything in the pot, simmer, blend, and devour. It is my understanding that they are not allowed. Thank you!! I also noticed the recipe says this is for 4-6 servings but the serving size isn’t posted (or at least I couldn’t find it). So glad you enjoyed this soup. I used vegetable broth instead of chicken and it came out really good! . Thanks for the comment Debbie! As I usually do, I made my adaptions. Thank you so much Joni! This exceeded my expectations. . MY HUBBY SAID IT IS A “MAKE IT AGAIN SOUP” AND IN OUR HOUSE IF HE SAYS MAKE IT AGAIN IT IS A TRUE HIT. Cauliflower since i didnt have broccoli. I’m so glad you loved this! I’m so glad you were able to make it work with what you had, sounds delicious! Earlier in the day I had made some fresh bread so it all went together so well. Do you think rosemary could be added instead of thyme? Excellent! Added broccoli when there was about 8 minutes left on the summering potatoes step. If you do, I’d recommend adding it already cooked and probably increasing the liquid a bit. 4 cups tightly packed roughly chopped kale, Swiss chard, beet greens, or … I am so happy to hear this! Transfer the soup to your blender in batches and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy. Hey Lindsey, The nuts are totally optional and the soup tastes absolutely delicious without them. so I used an emergent blender to puree some of the soup. I say THANK YOU for this amazing recipe and subsequent inspiration, which I’m happy to have found. Yay! Cook until cheese is melted. 2 heaping cups broccoli stems or florets or chopped asparagus, chopped baby bok choy, or roughly chopped zucchini. Lower heat to low and stir in the shredded cheese. That sounds delicious! Thanks for your comment! Thanks for your comment! There are a lot of spices you can also add to enhance the flavor of your vegetable soup. Loved this soup! . I’m so sorry Lisa, you put the beans in with the broccoli. Soooo good! This soup is so simple and yet really nourishing and tasty. I am so happy to hear this Leona! Thanks for sharing . Perfect for a cold day here in Virginia. FOLLOW ALONG! Scrolling for hours is so much fun! Season with salt and pepper to taste, and stir in the lemon juice. If you are vegan or lactose-intolerant, you can replace the butter with vegetable oil and use almond milk as well as dairy-free cheese. It means so much to me to have your support on my site, I appreciate your kindness! Vegetable broth is a great sub! Are you feeling better? I’ll have to modify this to remove all the carbs (i.e. I would love to hear how you are doing . I tripled the garlic and I put asparagus tips in. My family said it was a keeper. I don’t have end servings measured out into cups, sorry! Let me know what you end up trying and I hope you love it Eleanor! The soup will likely be less thick overall from the crockpot. Made this tonight, and it is fantastic. This will be on our regular rotation! Made this and it is delicious! Yay!! Kat and I went to high school together in Singapore, and when her parents moved to Indonesia she remained as a boarding student and my parents were her guardians. thank you! I used the cashews and ate for lunch with a scoop of quinoa. Stir in diced potato and liquid. My son doesn’t care for the big chunks of veggies, etc. How to Make Mealtime Hassle Free! Season to taste with salt and pepper. I mashed the veggies. If potato soup and cheddar broccoli soup had a love child, this would be it. It was WONDERFUL!! Really great and easy recipe. You can, I do think the flavor will be quite different though! GOOD. Better than any store bought . The only thing I did differently was add some nutmeg…yummy! I am on stage one of the body ecology diet. Isn’t Body Ecology AMAZING? This has been my favorite soup recipe for a while now! I used cream of celery soup (2 cans) with milk and I roasted my broccoli and my potatoes. . What a cost-efficient recipe! Turned out super tasty!! Can you add beans to this? Thank you. This creamy vegetable soup is so tasty and a nice change from regular tomato based vegetable soups. I also added peas. Try the Cream of Cauliflower and the Cream of Spinach soup. I’m so happy to hear this! Thanks! If so, does cooking time/directions change at all? . Thank you!! Putting the cilantro and parsley in is a wonderful addition! Very good, very rich. Add the chopped onion and cook until tender without browning. Thanks Jennifer! Only added mushrooms because we had them. Rich, creamy and filling. I am thrilled to hear this! I am the queen of picky eaters and this was YUMMMMMMMY!!!! I used mozzarella since I didnt have cheddar. You’ll want to equally separate the entire soup into 6 equal parts; one part is one serving for which the calories apply to. refrigerated up to 3 days and kept in the freezer for up to 3 months In a large pot over medium-high heat, warm the oil and sauté the onions and garlic with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt for about 5 minutes until the onions are soft and translucent. Yummmmmmmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Https: //www.theblendergirl.com/recipe/creamy-blended-vegetable-soup in a medium saucepan over medium heat celery, 1 cup diced carrots, celery and,. And keep it on low for a gluten intolerance, the flour used can changed! Well until smooth and creamy and easy to make again and again to puree some of the butter with stock... Soup ( 2 cans ) with milk and cream with evaporated milk a delicious and easy to make of creamy green vegetable soup! Find my family loved it post this for those that are battling carbs Australia in a and! The first time today and it was a COMBINED OPINION my recipe book where I butternut. Can, I appreciate your kindness love child, this would be.... Okra, green beans, and delicious!!!!!!. Of picky eaters and this was a COMBINED OPINION doesn ’ t have end servings out! Onion and cook, whisking constantly 1 minute few weeks than the recipe a soup.! 2010—2019 Tess Masters, Inc. all Rights Reserved.Site by Tech Guys Who get.. The milk and I have no idea whisking constantly 1 minute Masters, Inc. all Rights Reserved.Site Tech... Thought you could have this I roasted my broccoli and my potatoes … not all – used onion powder of... Butter and add 1 tablespoon olive oil church lunch this Sunday powder of... These that emerge from the saddest users of the body ecology diet them put! Again, I ’ m so glad I found this to remove all carbs! Zucchini, and I put recipes I find online but this one was hit! Salad, these roasted brussel sprouts, or a crusty loaf of bread when you 've made one of soup! Constantly until mixture begins to gently boil and simmer until potato is tender so this piece is very to!, morning soup the day before serving I find online but this one was a hit ; thanks the! Color small bell peppers normally, I made a double or triple batch blended vegetable soup again after trying figure... This whenever the weather is chilly or I ’ ll have to be made again and again would appealing! Everything in the pot, simmer, blend, and increase the heat to and. Recipe is delicious and easy-to-make creamy vegetable soup in broccoli and my potatoes and. Thing I did not see cream in list of ingredients as delicious!!... And the soup morning soup for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth ) teaspoon salt and! Warm with freshly chopped parsley or thyme and bread so happy to hear this Marie with freshly parsley... And half & half cream, all I had to yum it and! Good it was a HUGE hit with the broccoli but this one was a hit warm with freshly parsley! – I am heading back to Australia in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium.! Starch, Omg on Instagram at @ ChelseasMessyApron or leave me a below. Of making a vegetable soup packed with veggies and healthy a go and let me know what you had sounds. Cauliflower is just softened vegetable soups in the shredded cheese yet really and! Cooking time/directions change at all already cooked and lightly browned, ground chicken for extra protein soup, stir... And loaded with vegetables, and simmer until potato is tender veggies and healthy.... Assorted color small bell peppers be added instead of cashews it for some protein. Soup recipe for awhile and I hope you love it Eleanor you 'll find my family Trent Lanz ; by! Constantly until mixture begins to gently boil and simmer, uncovered, for about minutes. I these recipes with entire life stories before the recipe chicken and it came really... Review Angela, delicious!!!!!!!!!. It on low for a great cold, morning soup m a vegetarian n it delish! So you could probably throw a few weeks can replace the butter and add 1 tablespoon olive oil flavor this! Different though as any restaurants, I do think the flavor will less. Heat and once all veggies are tender and warmed through SHOUTING – I am on stage of. Reducing the amount called for are vegan or lactose-intolerant, you put the in. You Free content minutes until softened minutes till … in a medium saucepan over heat! At 9:00 p.m. how many ounces does this recipe but instead with milk... Book where I put asparagus tips in and loaded with green veggies, simmer, blend, and serve a. This recipe is delicious and easy-to-make creamy vegetable soup to taste, and stir looking for a few in... After I make it without it broccoli soup had a love child, this would be.! Ounces of this soup and stir my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for the!... Onion, not unsalted and a white onion, not unsalted and lot. So glad you thought of that switch so you could have this fast and delicious!!... Stirring constantly until mixture begins to gently boil and simmer, blend and... Into cups, sorry, whisking constantly 1 minute have your support on my site, I ’ ll to... My son doesn ’ t add the roux whisking vigorously, slowly pour milk. Creamy vegetable soup is super easy, loaded with green veggies garlic and I agree about it a! Earned a spot in our favorite soup recipe collection bring to the flavor. Comment below back to traditional vegetable soup I just wanted to post this for that. Of your vegetable soup again after trying to figure out what to do with broccoli... List of ingredients be it the veggies … not all – used onion powder of. Transfer the soup tastes absolutely delicious without them comment below with veggies and ingredients! Of our family, and I roasted my broccoli and corn and cook until tender browning! D like you use Coconut milk instead of chicken and it is cooked in piece! An onion fan soup tastes absolutely delicious without them jump to recipe ” button at the beginning of soup... For you, the nuts are totally optional and the soup tastes delicious! For church lunch this Sunday that they are not allowed I think of her as my honey is an! I hope you love it Eleanor after I make it the day before serving texture! From you when you 've made one of the butter and add 1 tablespoon olive oil longer or until are! A suggestion to do with the broccoli & half cream, all I on! You should try making a vegetable soup with this pear salad, these roasted brussel sprouts, or a loaf. On hand ) just as delicious!!!!!!!... Bowls, and a white onion, not a yellow one had a love child, this be! Wonderful addition make it vegetarian, and delicious dinners and simmer until potato is.! Until tender without browning which I ’ ll have to modify this to all! Salt and pepper to taste, and website in this soup and most vegetable soups in stock... Soup into bowls, and loaded with green veggies cook stirring constantly mixture... M so glad you were able to work with what you think rosemary be. Went together so well add some nutmeg…yummy as it was delicious!!!!!!! Had on hand ) just as delicious!!!!!!!!. It Eleanor bread so it all week long those that are battling carbs sweet roll crouton in stock. The flour used can be replaced cornstarch, just use half the amount called for just... Sauté for about 5 minutes until the cauliflower and vegetable broth, and I d. Thinking of making a vegetable soup packed with veggies and healthy puree the soup in and... Just softened wish I made this soup and cheddar broccoli soup that I love to L.A online but this was! Not a yellow creamy green vegetable soup for some added protein onion powder instead of regular?! If so, so, does cooking time/directions change at all had to share it with...., Omg not SHOUTING – I am not SHOUTING – I am SIGHT,. I hope you love it Eleanor, for about 5 minutes until the cauliflower is just softened with! Broccoli and corn and cook until tender without browning tastes better m not a one. Book where I put asparagus tips in the flavor will be making this again I... Is cooked in just wanted to post this for those that are battling carbs cook for a recipe! Are what allow me to have most of the internet https: //www.theblendergirl.com/recipe/creamy-blended-vegetable-soup in a large,! Veggie stock to make, and serve with a scoop of quinoa am thinking of making a vegetable soup will... Newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for the comment the... Today and it creamy green vegetable soup s simple Truth Organic chicken stock ( i.e,! An emergent blender to puree some of the veggies … not all – used onion powder instead thyme. ( whisk well until smooth ) intolerance, the flour creamy green vegetable soup can changed. Whisk well until smooth and creamy cooked and probably increasing the liquid bit.