At that time no new software was installed except for Windows XP upgrades. Alike first method, this second trick to fix volume icon missing from taskbar will also work on Windows 1o too but only con is, you need to pay little bit attention while looking for the above-mentioned key in Regedit. To do that, you simply right-click anywhere on the taskbar and choose Properties. New member 3 1 0 0 Message 3 of 5 1,769 Flag Post. Type regedit and press ENTER. If you are running windows 7, then carry out the following steps after making the registry fix detailed above. This might work; it might not. Choose “Properties” in the drop-down menu. If you have a PC running Windows 7 or vista and if Volume Control icon do not appear in the notification area in the lower-right corner of the screen, then do the following. 5 posts turn system icons on or off volume gray. If you update from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (or a similar situation), the sound card drivers of your old operating system might not be compatible with the new one. Your sound icon could go missing for a variety of benign reasons, none of which have to do with malware. If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix, from the above link, to a flash drive or to a CD, and then you can run it on the computer that has the problem. To do these, follow these steps: On the File menu, click New Tasks (Run), type explorer, and then click OK. ‎06-07-2011 04:42 AM. Your email address will not be published. Windows 7 Forums is the largest help and support community, providing friendly help and advice for Microsoft Windows 7 Computers such as Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. Now, scroll down and click on the Turn system icons on or off option. Have you checked gpedit.msc? Scan your computer for viruses and malware. I have tried everything on this tutorial but the results stay the same. Before you start stressing out about a potential virus or some malware infecting your PC, take a look at this article! The problem persist for more than 3 months. The volume icon disappeared from my taskbar Windows 7} and I have no volume. Database Administration | Oracle | Oracle Training | DBA Support | Oracle 12c DBA | GoldenGate | GoldenGate 12c | DBA Interview Questions | Goldengate Interview Questions | Natik Ameen, August 31, 2019 by Natik Ameen   /  Oracle-Blog. yes I am logging in with administrator privileges. Windows 7 32 bit. It worked on my Vista Business. For additional information about volume control, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 168916 Volume Control Icon No Longer Visible on the Taskbar Last Updated: Aug 19, 2020 But it’s definitely worth a shot! click this Microsoft fix it link, click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the wizard. How to Fix Missing Volume Icon from Windows 7 and Windows 7 Taskbar using File Explorer. The Volume Control is not there. In the Notification Area Icons dialog box, there are two things you have to check. If you’re using an ancient relic from the past like Windows XP (the tutorial for which can be found here) we’d recommend getting rid of the entire OS instead of just fixing your missing sound icon problem. Go to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar and double click “Remove the volume control icon”. To find out more about the volume icon, why it may have disappeared, and how you can get it back on your taskbar, keep reading! Hence, your new operating system will not register the sound card, and the volume icon will be missing. 2. These two operating systems have been upgraded, changed, and redesigned with the goal of making things easier for standard users. Now, you need to click on the Customize button under Notification area. If so, have any of these tips been useful to you? 0 Kudos Highlighted. Check whether you have volume control provided by any other program. Your sound icon will be missing because the file will presume that there are no sound settings to manipulate. you must make sure that you give the operating system sufficient time to finish these start up service initializations before you shut down or restart the computer. Solution 1. The steps that are explained here get me to the right place, but when i try to turn the volume icon on it doesn’t allow me to access the drop down to turn it on or off. How to Find the Volume Icon on Windows 7/8. If you prefer to edit the registry manually, then follow the steps mentioned below.But you must back up the registry before you do the edits as you may need it to restore the registry if a problem occurs due to incorrect editing. Hit enter. When you first start a computer (new computer), the operating system typically runs start up service initializations that may take from one to six hours to finish, depending on which applications are preloaded on the computer. The easiest and most convenient way to turn your volume up and down is the volume icon in your taskbar. Before you try to update your PC or reinstall your drivers, there’s a more straightforward way to try to get your missing volume icon back; try restarting your PC as soon as you notice it’s gone. You may sometimes notice that they are not selected. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Partitioning in vista:How to partition hard drive or disk in windows vista? Type hdwwiz.cpl in the dialog box that opens. 2. Fixed it thanks. It will not let me turn in on. (In case the correct driver isn’t found, you’ll have to visit your computer manufacturer’s website and find the correct drivers). This was largely successful – most of the features are easy to handle and get used to. Filed Under: Oracle-Blog Tagged With: Malware, Software, Taskbar, Virus, Volume icon, Windows. How to fix Volume, Clock, Power, Network icon missing (Grayed Out) problem on Windows Vista & Windows 7. Out to the right, press on the drop-down menu and click, “Show icon and notifications.”. Thanks. Your computer should finish the installation on its own. Are You Prepared? hey, I have a xps m1330 currently running windows 7. Is the volume control missing or has disappeared in your windows XP or windows 7 or vista? It could be that some other program is hiding the volume control icon. Remove Invalid Registry Keys & Customize Notification Area Icons. Have you tried replacing the sndvol32.exe file in C:WINDOWSsystem32 folder? … It is the only icon that is fixed at off. if you don’t find Explorer!HideSCAVolume, then there is nothing set in group policies and you shouldn’t have any issues. A new window will have opened up. Right-click on an empty space on the Taskbar and click on Task Manager. In Windows 7/8, to hide or view the volume icon, you need to customize the taskbar. Here’s what you can do. That is strange. Are you logging into windows 7 with administrative privileges? Your missing sound icon should have reappeared by now. Select “Update Driver Software.”. The network, volume, and power features function correctly even though their associated icons do not appear in the notification area.Are you wondering why does this happen? Here, you need to make sure that the volume icon is set to On. Press the “Customize” button to customize the notifications area. Remove Invalid Registry Keys & Customize Notification Area Icons.