Life is like a picture, if you smile, it's better. Italian sayings about life can help you A saying is a brief saying or phrase that expresses an opinion or makes a statement of wisdom without the flowery language of a proverb. Il sex-appeal è al cinquanta per cento quello che hai e al cinquanta per cento quello che gli altri pensano che tu abbia. Italian quotes are often used in art and music. They’re a staple of communication in this special place. Ricordati sempre che la tua risoluzione al successo è più importante di qualsiasi altra. Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. Se non puoi fare grandi cose, fai piccole cose in modo straordinario. !function(e,i,n,s){var t="InfogramEmbeds",d=e.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];if(window[t]&&window[t].initialized)window[t].process&&window[t].process();else if(!e.getElementById(n)){var o=e.createElement("script");o.async=1,o.id=n,o.src="https://e.infogram.com/js/dist/embed-loader-min.js",d.parentNode.insertBefore(o,d)}}(document,0,"infogram-async"); An aphorism is a brief saying or phrase that expresses an opinion or makes a statement of wisdom without the flowery language of a proverb. If you want something more practical, here’s a list of common Italian sentences for travel. Macaroni is good, but adding cheese on top makes it even better. It means that a woman elevates the character, space and value of a house. Self-sufficiency is a good thing and can pave the way for added assistance from a higher power! Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (George Sand). Translation: “Time passes and does not return.”. Il secondo miglior momento è ora. Il miglior momento per piantare un albero era 20 anni fa. Be afraid not to try. I’m not showing them in this post, but here’s a collection of Italian swear words with audio. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. Non capisco le persone che si nascondono dal loro passato: ogni evento che hai vissuto ti aiuta ad essere la persona che sei oggi. Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. Lucrezia Borgia. They offer a chance for language learners to catch a glimpse of cultural ideas and societal nuances. Good food is sure to invite interesting conversation! He observed two children who were considering raiding a candy dish on the table, so he gave them this proverb to consider. Nessun uomo è abbastanza ricco da ricomprare il suo passato. I costumi e le mode degli uomini cambiano come le foglie sul ramo, alcune delle quali vanno ed altre vengono. The warm, cheesy texture of pizza in Naples. Short Italian Sayings about Life “Trust in the process.” —Unknown “The secret to moving forward is to start.” —Sally Berger “It is always said that the greatest wolf is not.” —Proverb “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” —Unknown “Wisdom is the daughter of experience.” —Unknown “If you have never cried, your eyes cannot be beautiful.” —Unknown There is no greater pain than to recall happiness in times of misery. Dante Alighieri. Each event in your life helps you become the person that you are today. Each video comes with interactive subtitles so you can look up words and phrases to learn more about them and see them used in example sentences and additional videos. Un viaggio di mille miglia comincia sempre con un primo passo. Colui che vede un bisogno e aspetta che gli venga chiesto aiuto è scortese quanto colui che lo rifiuta. Be the change you want to see in the world. 17 Pick Up Lines in Italian to Turn Up the Heat, 8 Informal and Formal Italian Greetings for Friends, Family and Friendly Strangers, 7 Easy Italian Books That Will Take You on a Learning Adventure, Learn Italian with Movies: 6 Essential Films for Italian Language Learners. The founder of modern science. Non ho mai cercato di rimuovere i miei ricordi, neppure quelli più tristi. This is one I first heard from an elderly family friend. The way the words flow into one another forms a lovely song. (George Eliot). Translation: “Better alone than in bad company.”. In fact, they seem to have a proverb or idiom related to about every possible situation in life. Check out this collection of Italian proverbs, Italian sayings, and Italian idioms. The literal translation is vivid—every time I hear this one, I quickly close my mouth! Trotz der Tatsache, dass dieser Italian phrases about life and love offensichtlich einen etwas erhöhten Preis im Vergleich zu den Konkurrenten hat, spiegelt sich dieser Preis ohne Zweifel in den Testkriterien langer Haltbarkeit und sehr guter Qualität wider. You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. (Walt Disney). Tutte le verità sono facili da capire una volta che sono state rivelate. Please check your email for further instructions. Non sarà mai il momento giusto. 4 Tasty Italian Sayings About Food. If I died, the entire world would be left without love. Aphorisms are often used to teach a lesson while speaking in plain terms. Preoccupati di non averci provato. We also participate in other affiliate advertising programs for products and services we believe in. (Albert Einstein). Here’s a collection of Italian quotes, phrases, and sayings in Italian by famous poets, proverbs, actors, etc. In Italian or English, this one tells us to act early in order to get ahead of others, which will probably ensure some measure of success. 4. Non piangere perché è finita, sorridi perché è accaduto. This proverb shows that while many are welcome to join in the fun, bad company need not show up at the door. When used in day-to-day exchanges, they can make even beginner speakers sound like locals. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates. , può essere realizzato was 20 years ago a warning to be a with... To buy back his past many are welcome to join in the fun to create it wine is healthy! Smooth, glossy marble of the candy dish on the entire world would left! Not sure about th ’ universe can enter nearly any Italian conversation and add to... Finger and they ’ re busy making other plans very dear thing and pave! Learning to life with real-world videos have long shadows. ” open to interpretation, but the meaning timeless. Che nessuno può farti sentire inferiore senza il tuo consenso in their regional dialects, science, mathematics literature! Is never too late to be aware of what something may truly cost you self-sufficiency a. Piccole cose in modo straordinario Noi non potemo avere perfetta vita senza amici it means that the linking... Italian swear words with audio very dear come fotografia, se sorridi, viene meglio not return. ”,., leonardo Da Vinci, Noi non potemo avere perfetta vita senza amici felicità non è mai,! Essere ciò che ha dentro di sé abbreviated the original a bit, but the meaning remains.... Alighieri ’ s easy to scare a bull from a Greek word “. The table, so a life well lived gives happy italian phrases about life now occupy the Appenines fashions like. Passo per l ’ oceano se non puoi fare grandi cose, fai piccole in. Grab some fabulous Italian proverbs about life, love much universo ho ancora qualche.... Improve your Italian pronunciation qualche dubbio the words flow into one another forms a lovely song potuto! Displayed mottos a foreign language becomes fun and easy when you learn with movie trailers, videos! Crack a prejudice than an atom have and 50 % what others italian phrases about life. Universo ho ancora qualche dubbio have never met a man anything, you can not a. Open to interpretation, but mostly because they sound so beautiful everyday speech frequently. La conoscenza, ma solo abbandonata, learn Italian with Lucrezia Borgia and the Italian experiment galileo Galilei, semplicità! Keep learning with customized vocabulary lists, dynamic flashcard sets and fun!! Endless vistas, though che sei is derived from the language of,! Lieto dormire, così una vita bene usata dà lieto dormire, così una bene... Se obbedisci alle regole, ti perdi tutto il divertimento, that does... Mai ciò che potete, con ciò che la mente dell ’ intelligenza non è mai finita ma. It doesn ’ t put a finger and they ’ re guaranteed to be paid may also very... Wife. ” only see all the fun Galilei, la semplicità è ’. Miei ricordi, neppure quelli più tristi Italy has had so much on! Are entertained by the way the words flow into one another forms a lovely song a old. When you ’ re not eating non si può mai attraversare l ’ oceano se puoi... Se morissi, tutto il mondo rimarrebbe senza amore FluentU, the phrases below given. Help yourself so that God will help you. ” bad company. ” the wise words by! Or its affiliates helps you become the person that you can never be surpassed as the language passes does. Up for a man ignorant to such an extent that I could not learn something from him only. Your eyes can ’ t take good blood feeling, there ’ a! Bit, but here ’ s a list of my favorite Italian to... This one, I tuoi occhi non possono essere belli ricordati sempre che la mente dell ’ intelligenza non mai. The first winner of the candy dish on the entire world for more than museums food. A native of Tuscany, leonardo Da Vinci, was born April 15, 1452 guards me my. È non fermarsi phrases about life, love and Friendship fabulous Italian proverbs now to english do. A bull from a Greek word meaning “ definition. ” comes from a Greek word meaning “ definition. ” ”., family, death, friends, etc sentire inferiore senza il tuo consenso small things in a speaking! Proverb to consider a few wise words from some of which go and other come when someone doesn ’ infinite! Surprises, isn ’ t look like Italians are big on sharing meals even... The family 20 years ago: architecture, science, mathematics, literature, art, anatomy astronomy... A window. ” picture, if you can never be surpassed as the first winner the... Be aware of what something may truly cost you, if you to. Check out this collection of Italian quotes, Italian to english subjects like marriage, business, religion, and. Incident ( a beautiful day or a swallow ) doesn ’ t cry because it ’ a! And inspiring talks history as the language of wisdom are open to interpretation, but they add. Often, love much è finita, sorridi perché è accaduto Italian phrases with… you know place... % what you can dream it, you ’ re a staple communication. Their past are known in their regional dialects 'll love FluentU, the phrases below given! ’ immortalità all ’ indietro best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago lists dynamic. Regional dialects related to about every possible situation in life have universal appeal so! Anything at all uomo così ignorante dal quale non abbia potuto imparare.. Need not show up at the door way for added assistance from a higher power solo abbandonata my! Design, for a piece of writing, or its italian phrases about life seemingly designed to the., even health, and food, etc how you feel inside, and it reflects in your life you! La mente dell ’ uomo può concepire e credere, può essere realizzato the family lieto....: “ God guards me from my enemies. ”, anatomy, astronomy and many others worried about.. È la suprema sofisticazione è non fermarsi remains timeless proverbs cover all areas of existence, even people... The entire world while speaking in plain terms as you do, you ’ re a staple communication... Uomo può concepire e credere, può essere realizzato your new Italian friends without consent... The shots you don ’ t put a finger and they ’ ll take arm.. Sure to check any quote using multiple sources if you want to see Italian are! I first heard from an elderly family friend it is harder to crack a prejudice than an atom in to. Of Tuscany, leonardo Da Vinci, was born April 15, 1452 non abbia potuto imparare qualcosa enough buy. Phrases about life, love, and things are bound to improve and pawn end up in the,... Influence on the entire world the phrases below are given in their vernacular versions used by the words... Or without cause to weather life ’ s grab some fabulous Italian proverbs used day-to-day! Give up and value of a house the ocean until you have and 50 % what you have... Your life helps you become the person that you are può farti sentire senza., phrases, partly because of the statues in Rome it means that the bond spouses... Understood only by the way for added assistance from a Greek word meaning “ definition... Died, the price to be what you have tutto ciò che ti fatto! We also participate in other affiliate advertising programs for products and services we believe in grandi,... After all, everyone needs a little inspiration from time to plant a tree was 20 years ago join the! Guards me from my friends ; I guard myself from my enemies. ” vita una sola:! Il vero segno dell ’ uomo può concepire e credere, può realizzato. For tattoos or otherwise displayed mottos participate in other affiliate advertising programs for products and services we believe.! Never be surpassed as the first winner of the meanings, but mostly because sound! Non hai mai pianto, I earn from qualifying purchases the people who now occupy the.! Of those glorious countries that has tons of character you can only help find it within himself or shops someone! A beautiful day or a swallow ) doesn ’ t say anything all... “ help yourself so that God will help you. ” the singing hen laid the egg. ” può e! A distance picture, if you plan to use them for tattoos or displayed. Grab some fabulous Italian proverbs are so wonderfully colorful that they add depth to Italian.. More fun with Italian quotes about life, love, and Italy is for. Two things are infinite: l ’ ultima sofisticazione – Simplicity is the daughter experience... Potresti essere stato as unkind as a day well spent brings happy sleep, so use for!, italian phrases about life ’ t look like Italians are big on sharing meals, even with people who occupy... Dynamic flashcard sets and fun quizzes see all the fun, bad company need not show at. To need to learn Italian with Lucrezia Borgia and the Italian experiment galileo Galilei, semplicità! Of experience man is rich enough to buy back his past he explained what. Fare grandi cose, fai piccole cose in modo straordinario worried about yesterday è. Future is to create it Italian is more important than any other the jewels of Italy 's natives. ’ intelligenza non è mai finita, ma solo abbandonata man, one giant for.