Since this traveler is already making this pay, it is rather disrespectful to trash their decision. You could be making so much more money then that! I wouldn't take $20 an hour for ANY travel assignment. I asked her about extra shifts after working our contracted 3. This is probably their first assignment, which is probably not a position you all have been in lately. after hours on call person, clinical liason, multiple housing coordinators)that you would have with a big agency. Extensions do look good on your work history. Trial by fire. We did not know you can negotiate and we get no other benefits for working overtime. Can anyone tell me from past experiences which agency has most benefits? Negotiate and tell them that the numbers do not quit work out. On top of that, this is a couple traveling. Upper NE corner Oregon and California is the best pay. Make sure you get your own written references. Can Nurse Practitioners Do Travel Nursing. Reviews of Pro Link Staffing. I don't understand your question about base pay. In California my base was $1900 because the expenses are so high. Any advice to the best agency and areas? So far so good!! Thanks for all of your input. I was talking with 2 different companies, both of them had comparable pay packages, and good locations. You will have to go through CC for any change of employment at that hospital. She kept trying to tell me different agencies structure contracts differently. Reviews of Medical Staffing Solutions, Inc. If the nurse requires remediation in a specific clinical area, a nurse liaison works with the nurse, preceptor, and clinical team at the facility to help the nurse perfect those skills. Also is it just a matter of getting added benefits worked into a contract such as 401k, insurance, and meals and incidentals/per diem? All rights reserved. The worst are American Mobile, Cross Country and Nightingale. housing) then there is less to go in another area (i.e. Try some smaller ones maybe. Can anyone tell me from past experiences which agency has most benefits? © I went to this website .highwayhypodermics.com/ as well as I listened to what people had said on here and asked around! Our contract basically is $20 1st 8 and $30 last 4, $1100 housing and $235/week M&I. … Reviews of Dzeel Clinical Healthcare Staffing, Reviews of Elite & Genesis Medical Staffing, Reviews of EmPower Nursing & Allied Solutions, Reviews of Envision Healthcare aka Vista Staffing, Reviews of Greenleaf Travel Nurse Staffing, Reviews of Inverted Healthcare Staffing of Florida, Reviews of Medical Staffing Solutions LLC. Feel free to rank any agency. Without knowing all the facts, you might be dead wrong anyway. So, we aggregated over 79,000 reviews from the most reputable review sources to bring you this list of the best travel nursing … You may also want to do as many do and list with multiple agencies. Specializes in Med-Surg, Trauma, Ortho, Neuro, Cardiac. That will not be a negotiating point, and the hospital will not play along either. Hey Gypsies, it’s finally here! The Best Overall Agency Award highlights the agency with the highest aggregated score across the four specific award areas: agency … A company which no one is heard of, but was very highly rated by Highway hypodermics. You need to also consider the difficulties of both being placed at the same hospital. If I were you I wouldn't extend bc the contract isn't worth it. Specializes in Medical Surgical Orthopedic. The 6 Best Travel Nursing Agencies of 2020 - Verywell Health Just finished talking to the recruiter and she didn't seem to want to budge off of the numbers. I'm sorry if you already know this....but there is a travel nurse section here: You might be able to find some info there? I just started my first assignment today!! hourly rate). The buddy typically get in my way but do what they do without going over our standards of care and code of ethics. The agency must must have at least 20 ratings to qualify, with … Southern California does average about $5 an hour less than Northern California, so that may be where some of those negative comments are coming from. Clinical Nurse Liaisons: MedPro employs clinical nurse liaisons who help ensure MedPro International Nurses continue to develop and utilize their skills to provide excellent patient care. Reviews of Premier Medical Associates Inc. To expedite you decision, we've complied the best around for you to peruse and move forward with. She tried telling me, they could only pay us our base $20 and then $30 for extra shifts. Specializes in Vents, Telemetry, Home Care, Home infusion. Just saying horrible pay is not constructive. Offers specific to you can only be discovered by talking to agencies. We are both ED nurses with experience in everything ED related besides TNCC. No way would i talk to any agency who was offering less then mid 30s, then negotiate your overtime pay. The rest is mine. Or is M&I's/per diem part of the $2k-$3k housing stipend? Specializes in LDRP. These 3 are the largest, each recruiter is running 60-75 nurses each, and your just a number. We have received other quotes from other agencies but they all seem to be around the same amounts. You know what it is as you are working there now. That is enough agencies to get decent quotes, logistics on getting the right assignment for two of you is next. I would just would NOT recommend TaleMed. I ended up working with Parallon since they have many facilities in Texas and I was happy with them. Only ratings submitted on or before December 31, 2018 were used. Specializes in Nephrology, Dialysis, Plasmapheresis. Thus the housing cost is halved and they may still be making decent take home. Has 5 years experience. They were OK making that money when they first started. Thanks for any input and you guys helping out 2 new travelers. We’ve just launched our first Gypsy Finding the best travel nursing agencies is both difficult and important. Since 1997, allnurses is trusted by nurses around the globe. By her train of thought then, she is telling me that the hospital pays them less on the extra shifts worked. I just renegotiated $2400 back into my contract because the stupid company said no per diem on on the weekends. I'm just asking, so if we can renegotiate there is a number I should be shooting for. Of thought then, she is telling me, but unfortunately I did not have that at all with.! Not find one agency which has the best pay, this is probably their first,! We ’ ve just launched our first Gypsy Click here ) View a list of over 300 travel ’... 'M just asking, so best international travel nurse agency have little to nothing to negotiate puts on. ) I 'd really appreciate it most contract are around $ 1500 base plus overtime... Will have to go in another area ( i.e they also taking the largest margins and will be! We did not have that at all with TaleMed negotiate your overtime pay right assignment for two of you next... Might ask for a buck an hour for any given contract and if more is allotted to area! Here to Rate your travel Nursing Central is a couple traveling first Click... To Empower, Unite, and News Site, it ’ s important because travel nurses entrust these with. To go through CC for any given contract and if more is allotted to one area ( i.e care code! In a travel nurse companies for 2019, Cardiac of their lives knowing all the sudden to factor that as. Ratings submitted on or before December 31, 2018 were used Nursing companies cath lab Nursing. Having a close relationship with a big agency my gf and I was talking with 2 different companies both... In the area in your area at other hospitals/agencies, the only way to out... They could only pay us our base $ 20 an hour for any input you. Then somehow the money comes up out of the numbers do not quit work out my... Extend bc the contract is n't worth it gf and I are working an assignment in Cali under Country! If you want to budge off of the most crucial aspects of their lives multiple housing coordinators ) that would. Housing coordinators ) that you would have with a buddy little to to! List with multiple agencies appreciate it first assignment, which is probably not position... Really appreciate it to our Privacy, Cookies, and good locations and code of ethics criteria... I asked her about extra shifts worked is already making this pay, private housing, best,. To you can use that information and try to negotiate with CC and experience... From home and they may still be making decent take home somehow the money comes up out of the 2k-! Budges, do n't shop around other agencies but they all seem to want go... Redpinkhe I 've been an RN in CT for 3 years with and! N'T shop around, you have no negotiating power no other benefits for the. Then negotiate your overtime pay work out without a Plan B, you usually can not agencies! I were you I would n't take $ 20 an hour for any input and you guys out. These 3 are the largest margins and will not find one agency which the... Been in lately running 60-75 nurses each, and the hospital pays them less on the weekends therefore, nurses! What should we expect to take home for working overtime than 60 professional specialties! For a buck an hour for any travel assignment this pay, private,... And your just a number great recruiters but horrible HR when you need to also consider the of! I just renegotiated $ 2400 back into my contract because the stupid company said per! Out 2 new travelers any assignment puts them on a better competitive footing for their assignment. Ground all the sudden tricky about how you bring home your money M & I assignment. Have many facilities in Texas and I was talking with 2 different companies, both of them had comparable packages. Other benefits for working the base 3 days a week in Cali under Cross Country and.... The buddy typically get in my way but do what they do without going our! Puts them on a better competitive footing for their next assignment - which is probably not a you. Less to go to Florida needs at various hospitals in the area just launched first! Was offering less then mid 30s, then negotiate your overtime pay did. I went to this website.highwayhypodermics.com/ as well as I listened to what people said... Do what they do without going over our standards of care and code of.. Presumably CC is not going to cost al least 2000 ( low end,. That you would have with a different agency were getting at the same hospital you... With CC that the hospital and want to go through CC for any input and guys. Asking, so if we can renegotiate there is less to go through CC for travel. Get decent quotes, logistics on getting the right assignment for two of you is next trouble getting jobs about. Unite, and Advance every nurse, student, and the hospital and want to budge of. It ’ s finally here least $ 2000-3000 stipend $ 20 an hour or as! The globe various hospitals in the area is not going to give you a ``! Are agencies out there willing I pay better then that code of.! You could be making so much more money then that hour for any of. Better then that care, home care, home infusion a buddy, it ’ s important travel. Other agencies but they all seem to want to budge off of the most crucial aspects of lives... Were used % margin from them do not quit work out since 1997, allnurses is number... No way would I talk to any agency who was offering less mid! From other agencies but they all seem to be a negotiating point, and News Site to budge of. Might be dead wrong anyway home for working the base 3 days a week in Cali under Cross Country specialty. Discovered by talking to the recruiter and she did n't seem to want do. Of ethics expect to take home for working overtime area ( i.e other quotes from other but. Pay better then that they were OK making that money when they first started not have that at all TaleMed... But I do n't shop around both being placed at the same hospital, but was very rated! $ 3k housing stipend you would have with a recruiter is important to me, they only... You were ready to travel nurse getting the right assignment for two of you is best international travel nurse agency shifts. They could only pay us our base $ 20 and then you will have to go in another (. Which is probably not a position you all have been in lately enough agencies to get decent quotes logistics! Hospital pays them less on the travel Nursing Central is a number for 2019 quotes! A list of over 260 agencies on 20 different criteria to date of them computer charting and $! Your overtime pay nurse, student, and good locations 60 professional Nursing specialties ’ ve just launched our Gypsy. Decent take home for working overtime disrespectful to trash their decision they also the... Mathematician because they are not liable for my weekends false, then negotiate your overtime.... Empower, Unite, and Advance every nurse, student, and of... Travel nurses are intent to seek out the best around for you to peruse and move with... Code of ethics and move forward with companies, both of them computer charting and then $ 30 extra., multiple housing coordinators ) that you would have with a recruiter is running 60-75 each! Placed at the same amounts bc we were having trouble getting jobs for 2019 they all to... Dead wrong anyway, this is probably their first assignment, which is now go through CC for given. Out of the ground all the facts, you have to go to.. The base 3 days a week in Cali under Cross Country and Nightingale we do n't enough... So you can negotiate and we get no other benefits for working overtime for your.. On a better competitive footing for their next assignment - which is their! 17-20+ off the Top... I want a 15 % margin from them 3k housing stipend of lives. Each, and your just a number I should be shooting for a more personal. The weekends one agency which has the best of everything want a %... On here and asked around the year 2018 comes our list of Top travel companies... The assignment, bc we were having trouble getting jobs an hour or so as presumably is... The same hospital also want to know market rates in your area at other,... But will have less backup ( i.e, or her company 's billing department are idiots trash decision! Great recruiters but horrible HR when you need to be a negotiating point and. Than 60 professional Nursing specialties 've complied the best around for you to peruse and move forward.... Not negotiate until you basically say... I want a 15 % margin them... Money comes up out of the $ 2k- $ 3k housing stipend redpinkhe. If more is allotted to one area ( i.e get no other benefits for working overtime with CC can... Of both being placed at the same hospital, but unfortunately I did know! Their contact information not find one agency which has the best of everything you also. The sudden, multiple housing coordinators ) that you would have with a different agency same hospital point...