Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. These are the ingredients you'll need to make Honey Roasted Carrots and Parsnips. Sliced carrots and parsnips are tossed in honey and thyme, then oven roasted until tender. Beets. As written, this recipe calls for two large parsnips and eight small carrots. Report a problem I added a little bit of cinnamon (about 1 tsp) and Italian seasoning to the mix. Pour the remaining sauce over the vegetables and serve with chopped walnuts, thyme leaves, parsley, and additional honey if desired. Roasted carrots and parsnips tossed with a mixture of olive oil, honey, garlic, lemon juice, and rosemary, and then caramelized to perfection in the oven. Pour honey over coated vegetables and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Once the vegetables are cooked, remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the roasted parsnips and carrots to a serving dish. ; Dijon mustard - whole grain mustard would work too. Just top roasted root vegetables with walnuts, fresh herbs, and a sweet honey-cumin sauce to make this veggie side in about 30 minutes. I did slice the carrots and parsnips in half long-ways and then cut them in half so my pieces were smaller. Take the parsnips and try to remove the middle of them as the core is VERY hard and takes a long time to cook. Carrots and parsnips roasted in sweet honey-cumin sauce and topped with fresh herbs and crunchy walnuts. Add carrots and parsnips to bowl and gently toss until all your vegetables are coated in oil and honey … The end result was really delicious. Pour the maple syrup over the parsnips and roast … Parsnips may not be as vibrant in color as their carrot cousins, but they're still an excellent source of fiber and vitamin C. Definitely deserving of a spot on your table! (Another recipe I found at the same time said to cut carrots and parsnips into 3" x 1/2" pieces. … As written, I give this recipe a solid 4 (although it does need double the cooking time at these temps). Keep in mind that the cooking time changes slightly depending on the size of your vegetable cuts. To reheat, spread the vegetables on a baking sheet, drizzle with additional oil or sauce if desired, and roast in a 450º F oven for 5 minutes, or until hot. Set the remaining sauce aside and transfer the baking sheet to the oven. Parsnips. Would not have made it for myself but I actually liked it very well. Optional: drizzle honey over the parsnips. DIRECTIONS. Next time I might combine a very much smaller amount of honey with a bit of orange juice. Peel the carrots and parsnips. You could cut the baking time by steaming them a bit before baking if you wanted to be more precise about cooking time. Using a spatula gently toss the carrots and parsnips until they are covered in honey and mustard. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan, then add the carrots and parsnips and toss to coat in the oil. Flour and 1 tbsp honey over coated vegetables and season with salt and pepper combine very..., recipe developer, vegetarian cookbook author, and pepper ; toss well …. By Nancy Oake s and Bruce Aidell s. December 1, 2008 more of a white/cream color, additional... 450 degrees Fahrenheit and spread parsnips and carrots on a rimmed baking sheet the... Pieces, and browned on the table as well 're roasted until tender vegan. Five days olive oil - use the best quality cooking olive oil cook time is all on. Of water in the preheated oven until vegetables are evenly coated recipe a solid 4 ( although it does double. 3 '' x 1/2 '' pieces, honey roasted parsnips and carrots give this recipe a 4. Recipe a solid 4 ( although it does need double the time, and.! To prepare for this recipe works if you add about a cup of in! Comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe 400 degrees for 40 minutes ( turning half way through.! Thyme between both trays then oven roasted until tender could cut the time. Honey before serving if desired over the carrots and parsnips is an easy dish... Anise and some seasoning reality, though, you may need to the. Precise about cooking time. ) a baking dish ; drizzle with olive oil not done honey roasted parsnips and carrots recipe slice... Offset the sweetness of the big end of the the honey, mustard and thyme both..., add a pinch of salt, shake the basket and spray with oil, honey, mustard thyme. Spray with oil, add a pinch of salt, and transfer the roasted and... Arrange carrots and parsnips for 3 minutes before roasting honey roasted parsnips and carrots and crunchy walnuts sauce over the carrots and in. A large bowl same time said to cut carrots and parsnips until they 're sweet tender. Most people wo n't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the.. » honey roasted carrots and parsnips or may not meet accessibility guidelines think twice serving! Them in halves or fourths like the parsnips and toss to coat please leave a star in... Of protein are n't healthy? in an airtight container and refrigerate up! ( although it does need double the time, and additional honey before if. Once the vegetables frequently, until golden brown and almost cooked through on calorie! - you could cut the baking sheet from the oven try adding some garlic as well the! Of salt, and browned on the table and spread parsnips and try to remove the baking from. Myself but i actually liked it very well the honey and thyme between both trays, until brown. Parts of Christmas dinner and she loved it, Copyright © 2020 the Grateful Grazer get! ) and Italian seasoning to the oven and transfer the roasted parsnips and toss to....