What’s the difference between an openback and resonator? Midnight Maple Fingerboard We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. Nickel Plated Hardware Barry at Banjo.com helped me make a great choice on purchasing a new banjo. The Vega White Oak banjos are ideal for clawhammer and folk music and players will marvel at the bright tone and distinct note clarity from a banjo that weighs less than 6 pounds! In the white oak, I found yet another voice that I hadn't heard in any of the banjos that I own.” The marriage is of metal, wood, and skin. I have built a guitar using it and I was amazed how it sounded..I also have a solid Poplar banjo. }} } );jQuery(document).bind('gform_post_conditional_logic', function(event, formId, fields, isInit){} );. The bluegrass inspired White Lotus banjo, named for its lotus flower inspired inlay pattern, is centered around the patent pending white oak rim. They offer the new White Oak Vega in an 11′ and a 12” pot model. Quality American Made Banjos For Sale - Deering, Ome, Vega, Goodtime, Tenbrooks, Huber, and more. Model: Vega White Oak 12" 5 String: Nut width: 1 1/4″ Scale length: 26 1/4″ Fretboard Material: Midnight Maple: Neck material: Natural White Oak: Diameter: 12" ... Waldman 12 inch Oak Banjo ... Deering Banjo Vega White Oak 12" NEW.