The Rangers are packed with quality options on the blue line. Sep 29: The end of an era is upon us. Please login to leave a reply. October 15, 2020; Assessing the latest rumors around Tony DeAngelo and Ryan Strome as they head for arbitration October 15, 2020 Please login to leave a reply. Contract details were not included for either player. I’m not sure he finds a home in the NHL next season with all the goalies available. Yes I agree I’m not mistaking this for prime Lundqvist. However, he should still get a significant raise and cost Winnipeg or another team more than the $6.75 million he did in 2019-20. Sep 30: The Rangers have officially announced the buyout. October 15, 2020; Rangers ink Alexandar Georgiev for two more years October 15, 2020; Jumbo Joe Thornton on the Rangers MSG Jumbotron, why not? There are very few teams with both the assets and future cap space necessary to acquire and keep someone of Laine’s calibre. An absolute monster haul indeed. Teams who are not still playing are busy readying their plans for the offseason. Thank you for all you’ve done as a Ranger and a New Yorker. now they can get him for likely less than 2. News dropped earlier this week that Steven Stamkos was not 'untouchable' in Tampa Bay, and multiple reports suggested the Lightning ... Alex Ovechkin is entering the final year of a 13 year deal worth $124 million. September 30, 2020 at 9:15 am CDT | by Zach Leach 31 Comments. 1,” Larry Brooks wrote in a recent column. Melnyk just bought out Ryan because they’re cheap, so no to Ottawa, St Louis doesn’t have a goalie issue and traded away a cheaper more dependable (at this stage) goalie and are scrounging to get money for Pietrangelo, so no there, Washington have no cap space to do this and ice 6 NHL d, and the Red Wings make no sense from any standpoint and they just did the Rangers a solid. But that shouldn’t scare teams for next year. Hello and welcome to another Monday edition of NHL Rumours. Tough day for Ranger fans. David Rittich has done a decent job for the Flames, but they are said to be looking for a better #1 in net. Both John Davidson and Jeff Gorton want to leave all options on the table, even if the first overall pick is just a gateway to a conversation on another deal. The Vegas Golden Knights enjoyed themselves some goaltending controversy right in the thick of this year's playoffs. Still, with a player like Gaudreau rumored to be available, it isn’t a shock that the Rangers name has come up as a potential destination. Check it out today. I get that but the cap hit is high for the competitive teams for a backup or 1B and for the teams well below the cap, most will have internal salary constraints. In a recent article in The Athletic, the Kings would package the #2 overall pick and several prospects like Alex Turcotte and Gabe Vilardi to the Rangers for the first overall selection. This seems a little bit over the top. Rumour: The Winnipeg Sun’s Scott Billeck recently dove into the complexity of potentially trading star forward Patrik Laine. Evolving Hockey’s projections currently have DeAngelo’s next contract in the neighbourhood of five years with an annual cap hit of $5.70 million if he stays in New York. Of course, for that reason rumors surrounding the Rangers trading the first overall pick will persist. So why are we talking about the Flames trading Johnny Gaudreau? French Canadien hockey players are gods there. Hockey arenas are also much smaller in terms of seats. GO GET YOURSELF A CUP!!! Alexandar Georgiev| Henrik Lundqvist| Igor Shesterkin| New York Rangers| Newsstand| Salary Cap| St. Louis Blues. Sep 30: The Rangers have officially announced the buyout. It also needs to see if a small percentage of fans allowed to attend affects things, if at all. By: Doug Winkey | September 14, 2020. The team’s bottom-six is below average and the defence features a collection of unexciting players. But if I’m a team like Ottawa or Detroit, I’ll gladly take on Lundqvists cap hit if that money brought me another guaranteed prospect or pick. I mean, for the love of all things hockey, the Flames haven’t even been eliminated. I mean anything is possible, but that would certainly mean the end of Jesper Fast who is a UFA this coming off-season. In the 13 games he did play, Fontaine scored just three points. In 2021-22, the penalty will be just $1.5MM. Rumour: The final NHL rumour for today is from Sportsnet. Just understand, it will take more than Alexandar Georgiev to get Johnny Hockey to turn into Broadway Johnny. Montreal would send their first overall selection, and players like Max Domi, Nick Suzuki, and Cole Caufield for the #1 pick. 1 pick is nonsensical.” Truly that is a steep price to pay for Alexis Lafreniere but that’s what it would take just to start the conversation with Jeff Gorton. Rumor: NY Rangers to make trade offer for Flames' Johnny Gaudreau. Hank should cash that last check and say thank ya very much, retire, and join the Rangers front office. October 16, 2020 at 2:20 pm CDT | by Gavin Lee Leave a Comment. Few players have meant as much to a team in NHL history as Lundqvist has to the Rangers since 2005. Go To MLB Trade Rumors . Buying him out was the only option. Even if the NFL is successful in its health and safety protocol, there are major differences in the two leagues to consider. David Quinn who coached at Boston University and is familiar with Johnny Gaudreau who played at rival Boston College, would love to add him to the lineup. Always handled yourself like a pro even with a tough season getting demoted to the #2 and sometimes #3 goalie. Rangers Most Likely to Be Dealt in 2020 By Dylan Spilko December 12th, 2019 The New York Rangers have found themselves in an interesting spot in … NHL Trade rumors first reported this rumor on July 25th, 2020: Blockbuster Rumor: LA Kings Prepare Trade Package For #1 Pick. He is coming off a third campaign with at least 60 points. Copyright © 2020 Forever Blueshirts: A site for New York Rangers fanatics. I hope someone gives him a chance to help them out and I hope even more that he can get a cup before he retires, he deserves it. Laine’s value might never be higher than it is right now. Mark Scheifele is fantastic but the other centre options are lacking. As Dreger explains, this was not an easy decision for New York. Can’t see him choosing to go to many places that weren’t big markets, cup contenders, or had a strong Swedish presence (think LA, Pittsburgh, or Vancouver). Hockey teams travel more often than football teams with obviously far more games. It will be a fascinating subplot on top of the draft and free agency. He has also never scored fewer than 28 goals. While this is intriguing and in essence would give the Rangers three great prospects down the middle, the difference between Alexis Lafreniere and all three players the Rangers would be getting is just too big. The potential future Hall of Famer was a Vezina Trophy winner, a First-Team All-Star, and a wins leader, among many other honors in his long career. The Mistake of Giving Eugene Melnyk a Liver Transplant. The Devils are paying Schneider 6 million this season and next. Brooks says the Rangers are shopping Tony DeAngelo with some level of seriousness. Free Agent Focus: New York Rangers. We all wish Henrik and his family the best going forward. They are both centers, which is why other pieces are still on the table. Hockey is religion in Montreal. The $3MMM in savings this season for the Rangers will give the team even more flexibility to re-sign their pending restricted free agents while also exploring the free agent market for additional help. Trust me, it’s a Boston thing. CapFriendly projects that Lundqvist’s $4.5MM base salary and $1MM signing bonus in this final year will count toward the salary cap in full for a total hit of $5.5MM in 2020-21. All he wants at this point in his career is to sign with a team that give him the one thing he doesn’t have: a Stanley Cup. Could be nothing, could be something because of this time of year. New York Post "Lias Andersson’s tumultuous career with the New York Rangers has officially come to an end. In the press release, Rangers president John Davidson outlined some of the reasons Lundqvist meant so much to the city of New York: We would like to thank Henrik for his immeasurable contributions to the New York Rangers. DeAngelo’s public spats with fans and enthusiasm for “politically incorrect” podcasting certainly don’t help the team’s public image either. DeAngelo is something of a luxury considering the team would rather use the money for his new contract to acquire a bigger impact piece on the free-agent market. In the press release, Rangers president John Davidson outlined some of the … could have two goalies for less than 4. any penny pinching to being in that RHD. From the time I met Henrik when he first came to New York in 2005, he has been the consummate professional. Andrew Copp and Jack Roslovic are fine two-way players but lack the playmaking ability the Jets need for its second line. “Few players have meant as much to a team in NHL history as Lundqvist has to the Rangers..”. Honestly surprised nobody would bring him in for only one year but maybe the Rangers weren’t willing to part with another asset like they did with Staal. Or else you could be a team like STL or Washington, and you just brought in a great insurance option for their goalies while binging in another trade chip or asset while upgrading their goaltending situation. Limited, A look at the Rangers defense suggests a Brendan Smith buyout, The Rangers and free agency is all about bargain hunting, Rangers free agent signings bolsters Wolf Pack lineup, What if the Rangers opt to walk away from Ryan Strome, Tony DeAngelo’s new deal with Rangers came together quickly.