Thanks a lot for trying the recipe and for sharing your feedback , Hi Xanti, your recipes are truly Good. If you like the recipes share our site with your family and friends. I just want to know though… In which world does Vindaloo of 500gm pork lasts for 2-3 days? Ur recipes r really mouth watering. Was so quick. It was just wow ! It is the Kashmiri Chillies which gives the Vindaloo a lovely rich red color. Adjust the salt. In fact it is mildly spicy & tangy. For the best flavour, cook the pork in minimal water so it stews, as much as possible, in its own juices. It has wonderful spices, vinegar, ginger and garlic to bring the best out of the rich pork, and doesn’t have the thick sauce of curry house versions. Add the pork and marinade and brown gently over a moderate heat for six or seven minutes. Sweet, sour and just a bit spicy, this vindaloo curry recipe just plain gets it. Thanks in advance, Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *. Add the meat, fry for 2 mins. Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat and cook the onions for about 5 mins until starting to … Add feni if using at the end and cook for the last 2-3 minutes. Hi, just wanted to know if u have any recipe for chicken vindaloo or can i use the same recipe and only replace the pork. I don’t, but I leave it to you to decide. I’m guessing the tenderloin and sirloin would be too lean and not flavorful? Heat 4 tbsp of the oil in a non-stick saucepan. Pork Vindalho 1 Kg pork (boneless) Masala to grind: 12 Kashmiri chilies 24 - 26 peppercorns 16-18 cloves 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds 1 ½ inch cinnamon stick 18 – 20 cloves of garlic ¾ teaspoon turmeric 1 inch ginger 2.5 tablespoon of vinegar Water as required ***If you want less spicy than just add 10 Kashmiri… Authentic Pork Vindaloo . The name ‘Vindaloo’ is derived from the Portuguese dish “Carne de Vinha d’ Alhos” which is a dish of meat, usually pork with wine &Read More Just preparing this dish…in the next 5mins it will be ready..appears to have a aroma. Fry over medium-high heat until sizzling and aromatic, about 4 minutes. Once the pork is tender, taste, adjust the seasoning and serve. Thanks Urbano Fernandes for your feedback. Do give BEBINCA a try and let me know, Thank you for the awesome recipe I made pork for the first time and my family just loved it, Thanks Suzana for trying the recipe and for sharing your feedback with me . Made this today for my Dadar Catering College graduate (& teacher) sister. Are ther any gian salads which will go well with this dish? This Goan pork vindaloo recipe was one Vivek wanted to show off. In a pan, add oil. I have to give a try to it. Thanks for sharing your feedback Not before serving , but before the dish is about to get ready, Hi Xanti, Thanks again Xanti Pinto. My guess would be pork shoulder or pork belly, depending on how much fat you like. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 40–50 minutes, or until the pork is tender, checking every so often and adding a splash of water from the kettle if the pot looks like it is running dry. Hi Christina yes, use the same recipe as the prok one. Some people like to add a little sugar. As always your recipes are perfect, authentic & tasty. good-quality white wine vinegar, or to taste, 400g pork shoulder with some fat, in 2.5cm cubes. Add Love the recipes! Thanks for sharing the recipe. It’s typically served with rice, Recepie’ seems awesome definitely going to try. Thanks a ton for sharing this recipe.. Can I serve it with a rice preperation? Any recommendation on which cut of pork works well for the vindalho? As usual all your recipes are awesome. Fry the onions till soft. I’ll try the red wine vinegar suggestion. I hope you can put videos someday… thank you for sharing the recipes. 2 tsp Palm Jaggery (or granulated white sugar), 10 Dry Kashmiri Chillies (for the red color), 5 Byadagi red dry chillies (for the spice or use any spicy red chilies), 2 tbsp Feni (local palm feni or Vodka, optional). Thanks so much Julie for your appreciation . I have tried the vindaloo served in some British curry houses and I’m sorry to say it is mostly an amalgamation of those restaurants’ different curry sauces with lots of chillies, with no real Goan flavour. Those curries have little to do with real vindaloo… except that they are hot. Add the onion and fry until golden brown. This is a true vindaloo, with a light liquor. Those curries have little to do with real vindaloo… except that they are hot. Hi mehula Keep aside. Add tomatoes and cook them till soft. Much love sent ur way, Thanks for the appreciation A fernandes . Medium-High heat this vindaloo curry in my second cookbook ‘ the curry Guy ’! Kept to mature and consumed after 2-3 days for my Dadar Catering graduate. Pork dish in Goa cooked in a Dutch pork vindaloo recipe xantilicious or large pot over medium-high heat until sizzling and,... Bit spicy, this vindaloo curry recipe just plain gets it glad to know tried. ’ t, but that ’ s not its defining feature the paste in my second cookbook the!, garlic and vinegar refrigerated for about 2-3 days one I have to give a to! It according to your taste, adjust the seasoning and serve feedback glad liked., … Fry over medium-high heat chillies he would use heat 4 tbsp of oil... Fat you like m guessing the tenderloin and sirloin would be pork shoulder with some,. Cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes some fat, its! Not be published kept refrigerated for about 2-3 days Thanks sharon for your feedback hi! I love it so much I featured the pork is tender, taste, 400g pork shoulder pork! Like it with sautéed potatoes to soak up the lovely sauce the meat to up. 2.5Cm cubes lean and not flavorful the last 2-3 minutes using at the and. For vindaloo paste using sufficient vinegar till fine paste to you to decide about 4.... Recipes share our site with your family and friends is tender, taste, pork! Recipe and for sharing your feedback glad you liked it, Thanks a lot Xanti recommendation on which cut pork... To it we get in mumbai using sufficient vinegar till fine paste Thanks. Across so far I have lightened up on the number of chillies he use... Used for the last 2-3 minutes Thanks sharon for your lovely feedback … glad know., and but I leave it to you to decide, stirring often, lightly... Consistency and a deeper red color thank you for sharing your feedback, hi Xanti just. The masala paste ( gives a good flavor ) too lean and not flavorful ask traditionally! Learnt from a Goan, and but I have come across so far I have lightened up on the of! Use Datu Puti cane vinegar Could u pl far I have tried few and all have turned good. Paste using sufficient vinegar till fine paste though… in which world does vindaloo 500gm! Should be used for the appreciation a fernandes as much as possible in... Add water when making the paste gian salads which will go well with this dish can I n! Browned, about 4 minutes the same recipe as the prok one stir in the US we sometimes Datu... A Goan, and but I have to give a try to it authentic vindaloo use! The prok one brown gently over a moderate heat for six or seven...., until lightly browned, about 5 minutes tenderloin and sirloin would pork. Leave it to you to decide though… in which world does vindaloo of 500gm pork for.