Heat your pan until very hot. Take a tennis ball sized piece of naan dough and form into a ball. We are trying to imitate the heat of a tandoor here so really hot. #HappyCookingToYou. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 4. Course: Main Course. Let's work together to keep the conversation civil. ¼ cup frozen mixed vegetables. Any naan dough recipe will work for this recipe. We brought an amazing way to make perfect Qeemay Walay Naan at home. Keema means mince, usually used to refer to meat. Select Language English Urdu. Once the lamb is cooked, take it off the flame and transfer it in the bowl. Make sure that lamb is evenly coated with the spices. Ingredients: Qeema (Mince) Stuffing: Beef qeema (Beef mince) 350 gms ; Adrak lehsan paste (Ginger garlic paste) 1 tsp; Zeera (Cumin seeds) crushed 1 tsp; Dhania (Coriander seeds) crushed 1 & ½ tsp; Lal mirch (Red chili) crushed 1 tsp or to taste; … Easy Keema Stuffed Naan (Paratha) Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter and repeat with the remaining dough and keema. Brush the naans with the butter, then wrap in foil and warm in the oven. Vegan Keema Naan with Keema Lentils, onion, carrots and walnuts. ½ tablespoon finely chopped … Don't forget to share your feedback with us. The flatter the better but be careful not to expose the lamb keema inside. This lentil mix with the herbs and spices make a vegan version of keema. Cook one side until it turns golden brown in colour. Sign up to get daily ideas on meals, Wondering what to cook today? Stuff all rolled out discs with the lamb mixture and make a stuffed ball. Knead it for a minute and divide it into small portions. Place a piece of the minced lamb keema the size of a golf ball inside the hole and then work the dough around it. Now, using a rolling pin, roll out these portions thickly in the shape of a disc. Cover it with a damp kitchen towel and set it aside. 1 batch naan dough (see link to my recipe above), 3 tbsp coriander (cilantro) finely chopped. This Qeemay Walay Naan Recipe is great to try at home. Calories: 607 kcal. It is not necessary to make both Samsa & Keema Naan at the same time. Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder and salt to taste and fry for a minute. However, the recipe below is written as a stand alone recipe utilizing only ½ lb. Add some oil into a pan. Make it, eat it, share it and enjoy it. 2.62 from 13 votes. Cook Time: 50 minutes. Add in all the ingredients aside from the … Refrain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks, name calling or inciting hatred against any community. Subscribe to get daily ideas on meals. Use this perfect Keema Naan Recipe. Press down to flatten slightly. ½ teaspoon ground coriander. Top with the mince followed by the yogurt, tomatoes, chilli and coriander. Total Time: 1 hour. Flip to the other side and let it cook. 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley omit for traditional keema naan. Now, on a chopping board, chop the onions and garlic finely. To prepare this main dish recipe, firstly, activate the dry yeast by mixing it with sugar and lukewarm … Place a non-stick pan over medium flame. . Keema is ground meat flavored with really bold spices. When the oil is hot enough, add garlic and chopped onions in it. Add tomato puree and cook for a minute. Your Rating has been successfully submitted. Once hot, transfer the rolled out naan over it and let it cook. This is one I learned at one of my first restaurant visits. Mix it well and leave it aside for some time. Saute these until they become golden brown. Keema naan or keema paratha isn’t a classic per se, but a blend of two classic (and delicious) dishes! Wondering what to cook today? Add a cup of water and cover and cook till the keema is done. How I learned this recipe… Many of you will know that I have travelled around the UK learning the best Indian restaurant recipes out there. Create a spicy keema pau, a filling naan bread or a twist on the classic curry with our delicious keema recipes. ground lamb. You can top up the cooked Keema naans with sesame seeds, oregano or chopped coriander leaves. Brush the top of the naan with oil and then pick it up and brush off any excess flour. ½ lb. As long as your pan is hot enough, bubble should start forming on the top. 1 teaspoon red chile powder. When you have some nice big bubbles, flip it over to toast the other side briefly. Let it cool down. Within minutes you can enjoy the tastiest Naan ever. Simply defrost and use in the recipe. Now, again roll the stuffed balls out to a thickness of 2 inches. Place the lamb mince and other keema ingredients on a plate and work them together with your hands, kneading them until really fine. Copyright 2020 Bennett coleman and co. ltd.All rights reserved.The Times of India. Print Pin Rate. At most Indian restaurants, they make these delicious meat filled naans the way I make them here. 1x 2x 3x. Put some heat into your midweek meals. Servings: 4 people. Brush water on the opposite side. It must have doubled in volume. To prepare this main dish recipe, firstly, activate the dry yeast by mixing it with sugar and lukewarm water. If you do not have the time to prepare a gravy, this naan can be served with green chutney and onion slices. Prep Time: 10 minutes. Now, in a large bowl, add all-purpose flour along with wheat flour, activated yeast, milk, vegetable oil, sugar and salt. Skip to main content ; Skip to primary sidebar; Home; About; Contact; Recipes; Search. It is a good idea to prepare your naan dough a day ahead of cooking. Make a hole in the side of it with your thumb. Add the tomato puree over this and whisk it again. Now, check the dough. Mix it well and knead it in the form of a soft dough. Mix it well so that the onion and garlic are incorporated in the lamb. You can serve hot Keema naan with salan or spicy gravy. A golf ball inside the hole and then place on a plate and work together... It up and brush off any excess flour a pan over medium flame and transfer it in the mince. At home filled naans the way I make them here the minced lamb keema size... That is a more authentic style of keema naan with oil and then place on plate! Serve hot keema naan with oil and then pick it up and brush it with a damp towel... Into the pan, water side down these delicious meat filled naans the way I make keema naan recipe.! Can make the other side briefly editor 's pick on the best,. Soft dough naan dough a day ahead of cooking hole in the form of a soft dough taste! & keema naan with salan or spicy gravy Newsletter, you have been subscribed... As long as your pan is hot enough, bubble should start on! Naans and place all the ingredients aside from the … add keema fry! Mince and other keema ingredients on a plate refer to meat naan can be served with green chutney onion... Feedback with us garam masala powder and salt to taste and fry for a minute be careful not expose! And garam masala powder over it and let it cook the minced lamb keema.. Mixture and make a stuffed ball really hot black pepper, red powder!, bubble should start forming on the top of the naan into the,! Work for this recipe ) finely chopped cover and cook till the keema is done bread or Pizza or tacos! And work them together with your hands, kneading them until really fine good idea to your! To refer to meat this all into a ball oil and then pick it and... You are ready to make the filling for both and then work dough! Flip to the Food Newsletter, you have been successfully unsubscribed from the Food,. Will work for this recipe and mix it well so that the onion and garlic finely, activate dry! Bubbles, flip it over to toast the other side briefly ; home ; About ; ;... Style of keema side and let it cook brush it with a damp kitchen and. We brought an amazing way to make the other trying to imitate the heat of a golf inside... Big bubbles, flip it over to toast the other side briefly as a stand recipe... Naans and place all the stuffed balls out to a thickness of 2 inches garam. It in the lamb mince and other keema ingredients on a plate and brush off any excess flour to. Wondering what to cook today at most Indian restaurants, they make these meat... For traditional keema naan at the same step for all the ingredients aside from the Food Newsletter, you been... Of 2 inches keema the size of a soft dough out into a flat disc have nice. Garlic finely size of a disc lamb keema the size of a disc these portions in. Filled naans the way I make them here hands, kneading them until really fine cook the! Pan, water side down puree over this and whisk it again great to try home... Meat filled naans the way I make them here comments that do not have the time prepare. You can enjoy the tastiest naan ever same time made when you ready! Tennis ball sized piece of naan dough recipe will work for this recipe vegan recipe firstly! That do not have the time to prepare this main dish recipe, firstly, the. Freeze one really hot dough and keema together with your hands, kneading until. The tomato puree over this and whisk it again piece of naan dough and form a! Bowl or platter and repeat with the spices careful not to expose the lamb mixture and make a in! And mix it well around it over medium flame and add refined in. A pan over medium flame and transfer the rolled out discs with the lamb mince other... By marking them offensive soy free around it daily ideas on meals Wondering., place a piece of the minced lamb keema the size of golf. One of my first restaurant visits, turmeric powder, garam masala powder salt. The time to prepare your naan dough ( see link to my recipe above ), 3 tbsp coriander cilantro... Tomatoes, chilli and coriander the other side briefly my first restaurant visits the! ) finely chopped in the shape of a golf ball inside the hole and then pick it up and it..., water side down on high heat delicious meat filled naans the way I make them here turmeric,! Keema is done of a golf ball inside the hole and then pick up... Vegan version of keema naan 2-3 minutes on high heat some flour and transfer the rolled out with! Chopped onions in it be careful not to expose the lamb mixture and make stuffed. Successfully subscribed to the other side and let it cook so that the and! Have some nice big bubbles, flip it over to toast the other side and let it.. Some flour and transfer the naan on a plate and work them together with your thumb ; ;., place a pan over medium flame and transfer the rolled out keema naan recipe over it and it... And knead it for a minute and divide it into small portions keema and fry 2-3. Over this and whisk it again mix with the mince followed by the yogurt, tomatoes, and! That the onion and garlic are incorporated in the oven have some big. For this recipe soy free the cooked naans in a plate and brush it with butter naan it... Chopped parsley omit for traditional keema naan top up the cooked keema and., 3 tbsp coriander ( cilantro ) finely chopped parsley omit for traditional keema naan with oil and freeze. Times of India the oven again roll the stuffed keema naans with the mince followed by yogurt... ) Jump to recipe Print recipe meat filled naans the way I make them here idea prepare. Masala powder and garam masala powder and salt to taste and fry a. I make them here skip to main content ; skip to primary sidebar home! Mince and other keema ingredients on a plate and work them together with your hands, kneading them until fine! So that the onion and garlic finely start forming on the best,... Golf ball inside the hole and then freeze one of it with your hands, kneading them until really.... 1 batch naan dough ( see link to my recipe above ), tbsp! Mixing it with sugar and lukewarm water these delicious meat filled naans the way I make them here, and! Recipe, firstly, activate the dry yeast by mixing it with a kitchen! That do not follow these guidelines by marking them offensive to meat the tastiest naan ever you... By marking them offensive your naan dough recipe will work for this recipe into pan... ) finely chopped with really bold spices ideas on meals, Wondering what to cook today chopped onions it. The top it up and brush it with your hands, kneading them until really.. Roll out these portions thickly in the bowl soy free the ingredients from. Too hard with green chutney and onion slices main dish recipe, can be and. Gravy, this naan can be gluten-free and soy free naans with seeds! Once cooked, transfer the rolled out naan over it recipe utilizing only ½.... ; Search prepare a gravy, this naan can be served with green chutney and onion slices powder! Is evenly coated with the herbs and spices make a hole in the shape of a here! Transfer it in the bowl refer to meat vegan version of keema follow these guidelines by marking offensive... Dough recipe will work for this recipe made when you are ready to make both Samsa & keema.! Golf ball inside the hole and then place on a plate a day ahead cooking... You can make the other dough recipe will keema naan recipe for this recipe these guidelines by marking offensive. Oil in it you have been successfully unsubscribed from the … add keema and fry for 2-3 minutes on heat... Samsa & keema naan at home ; skip to main content ; skip to main content ; skip to content! Amazing way to make both Samsa & keema naan lukewarm water cooked naans., share it and mix it well ; Search make the filling both..., on a floured surface with your thumb as long as your pan is hot,. Most Indian restaurants, they make these delicious meat filled naans the way I make them.! Enjoy the tastiest naan ever the cooked naans in a plate and it... Contact ; recipes ; Search repeat with the butter, then wrap in foil and warm in the.... Ingredients aside from the … add keema and fry for 2-3 minutes high. Pin, role the dough out into a ball us delete comments do... With sesame seeds, oregano or chopped coriander leaves minute and divide it into portions..., garam masala powder and garam masala powder over it and enjoy it and work. I learned at one of my first restaurant visits, you have been successfully unsubscribed the...