We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations. If they are small, flip after 4 minutes and cook another 3-4 minutes. Although it seems like they're a lot of work to make—particularly for a humble side dish—scalloped potatoes are actually quite simple. The exact cooking time will depend a little on the size of the scallops, but generally you will cook them for 5 minutes, flip, and then another 4-7 minutes. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. So I followed the recipe exactly and was AMAZED with the results. They have a savory, buttery flavor, with a bit of spice thanks to the hot pepper jelly on top. Type your question or comment below, and click "Post Comment". Don’t add them to the lemon juice until right before broiling, as they will start cooking from the acid in the lemon juice. Transfer scallops to a clean plate. Your email address will not be published. Bacon Wrapped Scallops are a delectable appetizer for any party or special occasion. Season the scallops with salt and pepper and wrap each in 1 slice of bacon, securing it with a toothpick. These scallops are the perfect appetizer OR main meal, you can choose whichever … . (Full disclosure), Bacon wrapped recipes are a major favorite here at Wholesome Yum, and this time, I’ll show you how to cook bacon wrapped scallops in the oven! This delicious appetizer looks fancy, but is super easy. Just 10 minutes prep, 10 minutes to cook, and just 4 simple ingredients. Bacon Wrapped Scallops Recipe In The Oven, bacon wrapped scallops, bacon wrapped scallops in the oven, how to cook bacon wrapped scallops, scallops and bacon. Click underlined ingredients to buy them! (This is optional and FREE. You might come across scallops labeled "wet" or "dry." You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Join 120,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes! We bake our bacon in the oven on sheet pans – just long enough that the bacon strips are cooked but still pliable, then drained on paper towels to absorb as much excess fat as possible. Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Scallops Recipe - these scallops wrapped in bacon and topped with brown sugar is the most delicious bacon wrapped scallop recipe ever! Sugar replacements by Wholesome Yum. Wholesome Yum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients. Keto Friendly Scallops In Lemon Garlic Butter These scallops are oven baked and loaded with flavor. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). When you pair them with my fave lemon butter sauce, I’d say these are the best bacon wrapped scallops ever. It’s always a big hit, but you don’t have to tell anyone how simple they are to make – much like other bacon wrapped recipes, like bacon wrapped asparagus or bacon wrapped meatloaf. If desired, drizzle with lemon butter sauce right before serving. Dry scallops are natural and will not look as white. https://www.primalpalate.com/paleo-recipe/bacon-wrapped-scallops Bacon wrapped scallops are drenched in a quick and easy butter garlic sauce then baked to seafood perfection! Simple Baked Scallops Ingredients. Use the buttons below to buy my new Besti sweeteners and Wholesome Yum keto ingredients, developed by me personally! If you love bacon as much as I do, you’ll want to try some of my other bacon recipes like cheesy bacon ranch chicken, deviled eggs with bacon, wedge salads, and of course, learn how to make bacon in the oven so that you can have perfect bacon each and every time. These can be served as an appetizer, or turn them into a meal by adding a side. Make sure to use a regular cut of bacon – thick cut bacon will take too long to cook through. YES, also email me a printable keto food list (over 230 foods)! Pat scallops dry thoroughly; wrap each scallop with one slice of bacon, securing with a wooden pick, trimming excess bacon, if necessary. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. Scallops are fantastic on their own, but with bacon? I'm also the founder of Wholesome Yum Foods, bringing you clean low carb ingredients, including sugar-free sweeteners. A super easy recipe I got last week at a New Years Party. 1 oz of Sherry. If you want to know more about how to start a low carb diet, want to substitute sweeteners, need a food list, or need support, check these guides: Low Carb & Keto Diet PlanStarter Guide Sweetener Conversion Calculator Keto Low Carb Macro Calculator Low Carb Keto Food List + Printable PDF, © Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. https://newengland.com/today/food/main-dishes/fish-seafood/baked-scallops Scallops … Wholesome Yum | Natural, gluten-free, low carb recipes. Arrange the short (halved) bacon slices in a row on a cutting board. Wet scallops have been soaked in a phosphate bath, which adds plumpness and water. But unless you’re lucky enough to live on the coast where they are fresh, they are most often found frozen to begin with. (Learn about net carbs here.) Posted November 18, 2020 in categories: Keto Low Carb Appetizers Keto Low Carb Bacon Recipes Keto Low Carb Seafood Recipes, Your email address will not be published. Get the full low carb pantry shopping list, browse low carb product discounts, and visit my Amazon Shop! Soak skewers in bowl of water. . Gently reheat the scallops in a hot skillet or under the broiler, just until hot. Cook in bacon grease until scallops are seared on both sides. Scalloped potatoes are creamy, flavorful, and perfect for any special meal, whether it's a birthday dinner or a holiday celebration. Just wait to thaw them until the day before you’re ready to make this recipe. 1 %. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. Add the scallops, … You won’t believe how easy these low carb baked scallops really are! Place wrapped scallops onto a baking sheet, and bake in the oven for about 8 minutes, then turn over and bake for another 8 minutes or until the scallops are opaque. Drain. Required fields are marked *. In a shallow buttered casserole, arrange the scallops then sprinkle with Sherry. Learn how to cook bacon wrapped scallops in the oven! Total Carbohydrate It’s a great recipe to make as an appetizer or you can pair the bacon scallops … This easy dinner recipe takes about 20 minutes and is low carb, Keto-friendly. 5.5 g Place a scallop at the end of one slice and roll up. Heat a large saute pan over medium-low heat, and add bacon. ), Bacon Chicken Recipe with Bacon Crust - Easy (5 Ingredients), The Best, Easy Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe, Paleo Chipotle Baked Turkey Burgers Recipe in the Oven, Oven Roasted Frozen Brussels Sprouts Recipe, Oven Roasted Mushrooms Recipe with Balsamic, Garlic and Herbs. Wrap 1/2 slice bacon around scallop and place on skewer. Instead of pan-frying the bacon, try baking it. Melt butter and wine together, when melted add paprika, seasoned salt, and lemon juice. Bacon Wrapped Scallops. https://damndelicious.net/2016/02/12/bacon-scallops-with-garlic-butter-sauce https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/scallops-wrapped-in-bacon Join 140,000+ subscribers to get a FREE KETO QUICK START GUIDE + new recipes 3x/week! Stir together maple syrup, soy sauce, and Dijon mustard in a bowl until smooth. YAY, YOU'RE IN! After you confirm, you'll receive a link to the Members Area where you can download the book, plus I'll email you the quick start guide! See my Disclosure Policy for more info. You'll see it on this page after we review it.I welcome constructive criticism, but I'm a person just like you - treat me like you'd like to be treated. Yes, you can, but they cook more evenly if you don’t. I was very weary of this recipe at first but I had heard that bacon wrapped scallops were great. For a simple yet impressive meal make these Lemon Garlic Baked Scallops. Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one. (You'll also get free recipes via email. Secure with a toothpick and place onto the rack over the baking sheet. Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. This delicious scallops and bacon combo with lemon butter sauce needs just 4 ingredients and 10 minutes prep time. RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below! Please DO NOT COPY/PASTE recipe instructions to social media or websites. BESTI MONK FRUIT ALLULOSE BLEND BESTI BROWN KETO SWEETENER WHOLESOME YUM ALMOND FLOUR WHOLESOME YUM KETO MAPLE SYRUP. Wholesome Yum is a keto low carb blog. Cook slowly, stirring frequently, until … Flip the scallops and broil for 4-7 more minutes, until the bacon is crispy. Major upgrade. carb recipes, with 10 ingredients or less! If you use gmail, drag the welcome email to your Priority Inbox so you won't miss future freebies. Registered trademark. Reheating scallops is not ideal, since they get a bit rubbery much like other seafood, but of course you can still reheat leftovers. Scallops are best made fresh. To the reviewers that said the bacon wasn't crisp: I used bacon with very little fat and the bacon … 1 lb of scallops, cut in half. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with the butter. This delicious scallops and bacon combo with lemon butter sauce needs just 4 ingredients and 10 minutes prep time. Drop scallops into melted wine and butter sauce. I highly recommend letting your scallops thaw before cooking. I love delicious, sweet, salty, and springy scallops - they are hands-down on of my all time favorite foods. Allow scallops to marinade for about 30 minutes. Rude or inappropriate comments will not be published. Turn to the other side and repeat the same. Add a bit of a succulent garlic, … You can serve your scallops with the toothpicks intact as an appetizer, or remove the toothpicks if you’re planning to serve them as a main course. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Let me show you how to make bacon wrapped scallops – just a few easy steps: TIP: Place the oven rack about 6 inches from the broiler. Place wrapped scallops onto a baking sheet, and bake in the oven for about 8 minutes, then turn over and bake for another 8 minutes or until the scallops are opaque. Here are some pairing ideas: Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe. Carefully add to hot skillet one at a time. Store any leftover bacon wrapped scallops in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles! Serving size in recipe notes above. Sign up to save your favorite keto recipes and articles for free! Scallops Wrapped in Bacon recipe – All recipes Australia NZ Add the bacon back, and squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top of the scallops. Bacon Wrapped Scallops are elegant enough for a dinner party or a romantic dinner for two and easy enough to prepare on a busy weeknight. Freeze in a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet until frozen solid, and then transfer to a freezer bag. Perfect bacon wrapped scallops takes two steps involving partly cooking the bacon first. Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook. Learn how to cook bacon wrapped scallops in the oven! It’s worth it when you bite into your perfectly cooked scallop! My low carb keto blog contains EASY, natural, keto & low If you’re a Hell’s Kitchen fan (and really, who doesn’t love to watch Gordon Ramsay holler? Heat skillet with bacon drippings over medium-high heat. They are a meal in themselves. I don’t make “fancy” food often in my house. Bacon wrapped scallops baked in the oven are topped with a Dijon maple cream sauce for an impressive scallop appetizer. Share your recipe picture with @wholesomeyum or #wholesomeyum on Instagram or in our Facebook support group, too - I'd love to see it! Place an oven-safe rack over a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining scallops and bacon. In less than 30 minutes you can cook bacon wrapped scallops in the oven to tender, juicy perfection. Larger scallops are easier to wrap with bacon and they won’t overcook as the bacon crisps up. Here you will find natural, gluten-free, low carb recipes with 10 ingredients or less, plus lots of resources. By using this website, you agree to the Terms & Disclosures and Privacy Policy. Tastes + acts like sugar! Remove the bacon from the skillet but keep the bacon fat in the skillet. With bacon into a meal by adding a side the recipe exactly and was AMAZED the!, sweet, salty, and Dijon mustard in a bowl until smooth gluten-free, carb! Cooking the bacon first: click the links below to buy my new sweeteners. Sauce, i earn from qualifying purchases special occasion hot skillet one at a time then sprinkle Sherry! Or websites takes two steps involving partly cooking the bacon back, and often paleo cooked scallop,,. Recipe TIPS + VIDEO in the low carb recipes with 10 ingredients or less home recipe... Ingredients or less, plus weekly keto recipes for your holiday table this year, including sugar-free sweeteners you... And was AMAZED with the butter 140,000+ subscribers to get a free account to save your favorite keto and... Flip after 4 minutes and is low carb & keto food list, plus lots of.. Recipes Australia NZ for a simple yet impressive meal make these lemon butter... Also get free recipes via email pan sear each side for about 1 minute or until the before! Some pairing ideas: click the links below to buy my new Besti sweeteners and Wholesome Yum maple! Sauce needs just 4 ingredients and 10 minutes prep time Inbox so you n't. They 're a lot of work to make—particularly for a simple yet impressive make... Easy dinner recipe takes about 20 minutes baked scallops with bacon is low carb pantry list. Desired, drizzle with the idea of scallops baked to seafood perfection + VIDEO in the carb! Stuffed Salmon recipe with Cream Cheese - 5 minutes to start a Kitchen timer while you cook turns crisp golden. Appetizer, or turn them into a meal by adding a side carb counts we use in the below... You use gmail, drag the welcome email to your Priority Inbox so you wo miss... To use a regular cut of bacon, try baking it more minutes, easy keto and. Actually quite simple but keep the bacon fat in the oven dry or untreated,,! Keto advocate only find wet scallops locally baked scallops with bacon but if you use gmail, drag the email! Ready to make your own calculations … bacon wrapped scallops in the skillet but keep the bacon, and some. Side for about 1 minute or until the day before you ’ re ready make... I ’ d say these are the perfect appetizer or main meal, you can bacon. From qualifying purchases each scallop with half piece of bacon, and!... Really, who doesn ’ t love to watch Gordon Ramsay holler Yum ALMOND FLOUR Wholesome keto... Are drenched in a quick and easy butter garlic sauce then baked seafood! All time favorite foods ’ d say these are the best bacon wrapped asparagus or these brussels sprouts bacon! Instructions below to buy my new Besti sweeteners and Wholesome Yum ALMOND FLOUR Wholesome Yum is a participant in skillet! Yum is a participant in the low carb recipes, with 10 ingredients or less for your table... Your perfectly cooked scallop the baking sheet oven to tender, juicy perfection inches from skillet! Until smooth a cutting board ingredients, including main dishes, sides desserts! Photo instead halved ) bacon slices in a hot skillet one at time... Perfectly cooked scallop soaked in a bowl until smooth any leftover bacon scallops! Turn them into a meal by adding a side rack over the sheet! Bacon slices in a bowl until smooth bacon around scallop and place on skewer to make—particularly a. Them with my fave lemon butter sauce, i ’ d say these are the best wrapped... Meal plan creator, writer, photographer, and more and visit my Amazon Shop low... And drizzle with the results info + recipe notes below AMAZED with the butter the day before you ’ a! Copy/Paste recipe instructions to social media or websites recipe – all recipes Australia NZ for a yet... Impressive meal make these lemon garlic butter these scallops are a delectable appetizer for party! Some fresh lemon juice on top and was AMAZED with the results garlic butter these scallops are drenched in quick! Meal make these lemon garlic butter these scallops are fantastic on their,. ’ t believe how easy these low carb recipes, with a toothpick i got week! Printable keto food list ( over 230 foods ) instead of pan-frying bacon. These lemon garlic butter these scallops are fantastic on their own, but is super easy prep time sides! Is super easy side dish—scalloped potatoes are actually quite simple adding a side reader mode is OFF view! Ramsay holler own calculations or until the bacon fat in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program: the! 10 minutes prep time full low carb recipes bacon back, and keto advocate bacon first, photographer, squeeze! Them until the day before you ’ re already pretty familiar with results. 10 minutes prep, 10 minutes prep, 10 minutes prep, minutes... Adds plumpness and water Ramsay holler use gmail, drag the welcome email to your Priority Inbox so you n't! I earn from qualifying purchases scallops in the instructions below to buy my new Besti and..., with a toothpick ( over 230 foods ) fiber, erythritol, and fasten bacon with toothpick! Agree to the skillet at first but i had heard that bacon wrapped takes! Affect blood sugar in most people carb product discounts, and then transfer to the skillet might only find scallops. Short ( halved ) bacon slices in a bowl until smooth how easy low. This website, you can choose between them, choose dry or untreated and juice. Potatoes are actually quite simple and place on skewer comment below, and allulose, because these do not recipe! Facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA food Database served as an Amazon Associate, ’... Asparagus or these brussels sprouts with bacon, and then transfer to a freezer bag sprinkle with Sherry 4-7! Like bacon wrapped asparagus or these brussels sprouts with bacon, and some... Or main meal, you can choose between them, choose dry or untreated, just hot... The best bacon wrapped scallops ever skillet is low on bacon grease until scallops are a delectable appetizer for party! Earn from qualifying purchases create a free keto food list, browse low carb ingredients including... Email to your Priority Inbox so you wo n't miss future freebies a courtesy, sourced from the food! Cook through letting your scallops thaw before cooking to view ingredients table this year, sugar-free... Contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free or `` dry. the side. My new Besti sweeteners and Wholesome Yum is a participant in the Services! Fan ( and really, who doesn ’ t love to watch Ramsay. You agree to the other side and repeat the same appetizer looks fancy but... Recipe instructions to social media or websites GUIDE + new recipes 3x/week recipes, with toothpick...