At address, the top line looks to be a touch thinner, but there really isn’t much in it. Enable registration in settings - general. Copyright © 2020 Plugged In Golf. Cons: Gains over the original are marginal. They have been complimented for not making drastic changes to what was already working well. In terms of the numbers, the P790 had a marginally higher ball speed and distance, with the Epic tending to have a higher trajectory. With that in mind, TaylorMade asked their most trusted retailers what they’d change with a new model before they started the redesign; many said nothing, which is why they were very careful when they approached the redesign because they didn't want to come in with a completely different design to one that was working. Callaway X20 Irons Review – Are They Worth The Money? What TaylorMade are saying is that if you compare the new head to the old head you will get more ball speed – even though the shaft is a little bit shorter (TaylorMade changed their standard shaft lengths at the start of the year), meaning you're effectively getting some more control, but without losing any ball speed. Browse our selection of the best golf jumpers, A selection of the best golf push trolleys…, Need to upgrade your footwear in 2020? I have been waiting for the winter club champion fitting sale for new irons and wedges. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Even just their off-the-rack configuration with Golf Pride tour velvet performs at an excellent level. But there are some marginal gains to be had so if you were tempted by the original P790 but didn’t bite the bullet, your patience looks to have been somewhat rewarded. When striking the ball in the centre of the face, you will struggle to find another set of irons on the market which can produce the same ball speed and distance as the P790 Irons. Sign up get best offers state in your inbox. Many of us are loyal to a brand, but we also need to be budget-conscious. Pros: This irons looks like a blade but performs like a distance iron. The irons retail at $162.50 per club, or $1299.99 for a set of 8. All I’m trading in my Ping G30’s for them. I look forward to hitting them. Vietnam Golf & Country Club At Ho Chi Minh, Spieth and Schauffele were put on the clock Sunday. The new TaylorMade P770 iron blends distance with forgiveness in a compact players head shape. Two things every golfer looks to improve and maximize with their irons are distance and accuracy. If you’re looking for one of the longest irons in golf, you’ll find it in the 2019 TaylorMade P790. The p790s were one set I wanted to hit. We did feel that the 2019 P790 has a slightly quieter sound to it, which for many will contribute to a softer feel. With the new 2019/20 launch, TaylorMade has taken into consideration the higher handicap player also looking for an iron that looks like a players’ iron. Easiest Wedges to Hit for a Normal Golfer, Improved forgiveness and feel from previous version. If we were to pick only one feature of the performance when using the TaylorMade P790 Irons it would have to be distance. This technology enhances the speed of the irons while still offers plenty of feel and good control. The TaylorMade P790 Irons are some of the lowest spinning irons currently available. TaylorMade are one of the leading names in golf club manufacturer and have been for many years. TaylorMade P790 Ti. If you’re losing distance and control because of high spin, the P790 will be a godsend. The TaylorMade P790 has a more modern and cleaner look from the back. TaylorMade have developed some of the best golf clubs money can buy over the years but where do the P790 Irons stand in the excellent range of products? Verdict It’s a little cleaner looking from the back – The full TaylorMade logo has changed to the ‘T’ logo in the corner – and it now has a shiny sole section. He's worked in nearly every job in the golf industry from club fitting to instruction to writing and speaking. The super lightweight hollow-body Titanium clubheads produce fantastic forgiveness and explosive distance. Through a combination of forged construction, SpeedFoam™ and a redesigned tungsten weight for optimal CG performance.’. The P790 is lower spinning, a bit more forgiving. Sorry, there was an error in submitting your review. Next, we would want to know that the product is “tour-proven”, and with names such as DJ, Rory McIlroy and Jason Day sporting these clubs in their bags, that one’s covered. Manufacturer:TaylorMade This weight is positioned at the bottom of the cavity behind the sweet spot and helps to lower the center of gravity and increase the launch angle. 2019 TaylorMade P790 Iron Review. From gear and equipment reviews to featured courses, WITB interviews, and the latest tournament updates. design throughout the set to improve accuracy. Cons: Gains over the original are marginal. Excellent ball speed. When looking down at the P790 Irons they have a thinner top line than the previous design and this gives them a more premium look, which is great. The standout feature of the 2019 TaylorMade P790 iron is distance. Performance wise, the differences were expectedly marginal but it appears there are some gains to be had. In summary, if you’ve got a set of the original P790 irons you don’t need to rush to upgrade to the new model. If you were building an 8 club set (4-GW) for free but your only choices are P790 or PXG 0211. I would add the 0311P to this mix but your review said it’s sweet spot was small so it’s not on my “try” list. I’m not intimidated by a smaller face (not oversized). Despite a one-yard lower flight, the new P790 did hit the longest shots, with carries of 180 and 181 yards, at an average of 178 yards.