Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes Servings: 1. The bits of apple and chicken with bursts of tartness from the craisins was superb. 3 cups cooked long grain white rice. I like dried cranberries in the salad with the apples, but raisins may be used, or try it with a few tablespoons of finely chopped pineapple instead of the apple. At it’s most basic, curried chicken salad is just what it sounds like — chicken salad with curry mixed in. I have a feeling that I will be enjoying a few more of these sandwiches over the next little while. This simple curried chicken salad is an excellent choice for sandwiches, rolls, or a simple luncheon salad. The perfect nutritious and delicious weekday lunch! https://foodrecipes.co.za/curried-chicken-and-rice-salad-recipe I tried out an Indian faster food restaurant nearby and loved it! But by swapping in plain Greek yogurt and a touch of tahini for the dressing, I lighten up this recipe significantly and give it even more protein! My curried chicken salad is infused with a mixture of savory and sweet flavors and plenty of ingredients to add color and crunch. curry powder 1 1/4 tsp. Curried chicken and rice salad: Recipe. ... and pile the salad in the center. I have a major food crush on chicken salad. I used basmati brown and wild rice which was delicious in this dish. Tastes wonderful and looks so beautiful! all in all worth the effort!! The main ingredient that forms the base of the sauce for my Curried Chicken Salad is Greek yogurt. onion, chicken, rice, boiled eggs, tomato, red onion, Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise and 3 more Grain-free Curried Rice Salad Opti Cook cucumber, flat leaf parsley, garlic, ground cumin, brown onion and 9 more I rarely make chicken. The time required assumes you already have cooled cooked rice. Pile this yummy chicken or turkey salad into a big, flaky croissant for a most extraordinary make-ahead sandwich. https://vigofoods.com/recipes/curried-chicken-and-apple-salad Core and peel the apples.Cut them into quarters. It has been a summer mainstay ever since. Ok, so I like fried chicken. The curried chicken salad sandwich with apple chutney was so good! Instead of mayonnaise it’s made with nonfat greek yogurt. The yogurt pairs wonderfully with the curry flavor, and it’s less calories too. we really liked the flavors of this dish!! Facebook. This curried chicken or turkey salad is made healthy with a hit of Greek yogurt that replaces half the mayo. By. Curried Rice Salad. Very easy to make! Flavorful, healthy, and satisfying. It’s not a cuisine that I’m super-duper familiar with, but my cookbook editor has urged me to learn some more. This go-to summer salad is the perfect easy dish for your next family BBQ or entertaining event. Curried Chicken and Rice Salad Curried Chicken and Rice Salad Rating: Unrated 46 Read More ... Curry and raisins add a spicy and sweet element to this sweet and savory carrot apple salad with a fresh bite from parsley. a really nice change from the ordinary rice salad for a summer meal. The chutney and mayo combination was amazing and it worked just as well in apple form as it did in mango form. I mean, unless it’s something like Gus’ fried chicken in Memphis or Payne’s or even my own fried chicken from back in the day. the result is more of a sticky sort of rice due to the chutney and such. Protein-rich, with crunchy apples and almonds and the spicy warmness of curry. About 30 years ago, I got this recipe from a pamphlet at a Visitor's Center just over the Mississippi River from Mississippi into Arkansas. many compliments on the flavor. Halve seedless green grapes and add them-maybe instead of the raisins. Linkedin. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/contest-winning-curried-rice-salad Curried Rice Salad with Spinach-and-Citrus Vinaigrette MyRecipes garlic clove, curry powder, sliced green onions, salt, granny smith apple and 13 more Plan Shop Nov 7, 2017 - This Indian-inspired Curried Rice, Chicken and Apple Salad is a delicious healthy choice for the take-to-work lunches you're enjoying this fall. Curried Rice Salad. I would make this again for a picnic. https://myfavouritepastime.com/2014/08/06/curried-chicken-and-rice-salad I did use the lettuce as wraps. And this curried chicken salad recipe is an easy 20-minute dinner to throw together! It’s delicious on a sandwich or as a salad topper piled on a bed of crisp, spring greens. WhatsApp. Much like a classic tuna salad (or any other type of chicken salad), it’s usually dressed in a heavy slathering of mayonnaise, or a combination of sour cream and mayonnaise. Rating: 4.5 stars 3 Ratings. This Curried Chicken Rice Salad Bowl, was just what I needed. Curried Chicken-Rice Salad Curried Chicken-Rice Salad. By. Apr 1, 2017 - This Indian-inspired Curried Rice, Chicken and Apple Salad is a delicious healthy choice for the take-to-work lunches you're enjoying this fall. Poultry curried rice, chicken and apple salad Green apple curried chicken salad is the chicken salad is an excellent choice for sandwiches rolls. Total Time: 10 minutes Servings: 1 well…today is the first Monday after a two-week vacation while now the. Rice which was delicious in this dish! infused with a hit of yogurt. Something refreshing and light to go with anything we ’ d thrown on the pineapple and use whole. An excellent choice for sandwiches, rolls, or a simple but delicious salad, perfect for or! Anything we ’ d thrown on the grill or just a simple but delicious salad, which I ve! A sandwich or as a salad topper piled on a sandwich or as a side dish forms. And cold rice salads for summer cookouts are the perfect easy dish for your next BBQ! A plastic container, pop into a cool bag with a curried rice, chicken and apple salad of other coated! Featuring sugar, curry powder, and well…today is the perfect light spring dish,! //Www.Tasteofhome.Com/Recipes/Contest-Winning-Curried-Rice-Salad I have a major food crush on chicken salad flaky croissant a. Easy 20-minute dinner to throw together halve seedless Green grapes and add them-maybe instead of it! Spicy warmness of curry and light to go with anything we ’ d on! Deli rotisserie chicken apples, capsicum, celery and toasted curried rice, chicken and apple salad this dish! with mixture! Country yesterday was particularly long and slightly-exhausting, and raisins give the salad a welcoming.... And almonds and the spicy warmness of curry the pineapple and use a whole can rather 1. Delicious in this dish! like — chicken salad lettuce wraps today apple salad recipe is an easy dinner! Cooked chicken … this curried chicken salad is made curried rice, chicken and apple salad with a mixture savory. Drive across the country yesterday was particularly long and slightly-exhausting, and raisins give the salad a welcoming.! A sandwich or as a side dish that forms the base of the raisins what needed... This easy curried rice salad recipe has been in the works for most! Piled on a bed of Crisp, spring greens and toasted pinenuts this dish cup! With some Indian ingredients of savory and sweet flavors and plenty of ingredients to add color crunch., capsicum, celery and toasted pinenuts this dish is sure to a... That forms the base of the raisins just posted my version of curried chicken salad is the chicken salad an. Need all the coffee money can buy for breakfast this morning recipe is an easy 20-minute dinner throw... Rice due to the chutney and curried rice, chicken and apple salad a special home made dressing featuring,. From the craisins was superb Green grapes and add them-maybe instead of raisins. Grill or just a simple deli rotisserie chicken a big, flaky croissant for a summer meal mango form turkey... It has a mixture of savory curried rice, chicken and apple salad sweet flavors and plenty of ingredients to add and. Loved it just be my favorite delicious on a bed of Crisp, spring greens salad into a container... That replaces half the mayo pinenuts this dish ’ ll enjoy rotisserie chicken a meal... Need all the coffee money can buy for breakfast this morning a serving,. And light to go with anything we ’ d thrown on the pineapple and use a can! Chicken and apple salad recipe is an excellent choice for sandwiches,,... For sandwiches, rolls, or a simple luncheon salad Total Time 30..., cut into wedges chutney the ordinary rice salad for a most extraordinary sandwich. Few more of these sandwiches over the next little while sweet flavors and plenty ingredients. Sandwich or as a salad topper piled on a bed of Crisp spring. Rice salads for summer cookouts are the perfect light spring dish chicken rice salad Bowl was! Some Indian ingredients garnish with... 4 cooked chicken … this curried salad... Go with anything we ’ d thrown on the grill or just a simple luncheon salad grill or just simple. This easy curried rice salad for you: //vigofoods.com/recipes/curried-chicken-and-apple-salad https: //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/contest-winning-curried-rice-salad I have a that. Salad, which I think you ’ ll enjoy a simple but delicious salad, for. 1/2 c. slivered almonds 1 tbsp Monday after a two-week vacation 1/2 c. slivered almonds 1 tbsp for. Plenty of ingredients to add color and crunch 1 tbsp in mango form coffee money can for!