Aside from being annoying and obviously Got a pro Nav Gen 2, AM and FM work fine all the time. For the best signal, switch to mono. When tuning into digital radio stations the telescopic antenna should be fully extended and straight up vertically. CJW1973. We have seen DAB radios receive digital stations perfectly well at one end of a windowsill but show ‘No Signal’ at the other. CJW1973 3 Posted 23 November. By CJW1973, 23 November in Skoda Octavia Mk III (2013 onward) Share Followers 4. On some radios, this can make a big difference. Recommended Posts. New here; Finding my way; 3 35 posts; Location: PLYMOUTH Model: OCTAVIA 2014 SE 2.0 DIESEL DSG Whilst playing my digital radio on full volume, the sound suddenly stopped. I own a late 2016, 66 plate VW Jetta 1.4 TSi 150 DSG which is fitted with a DAB radio. What does mean on my DAB radio display? VHF/FM radio aerials are not designed for DAB reception, esp those big, horizontal VHF radio aerials (common in … The DAB has failed to perform correctly from when i took delivery in late March 2017. Securing your signal. What does mean on my DAB radio display? DAB comes up with an 'antenna' logo with a line through it (no signal indication) when the car has been left for a while and none of the stations pick up a signal under DAB! Wild winds caused issues that affected our DAB+ listeners, while AM radio and internet streams (website and app) remained unaffected. Showing 1-6 of 6 messages. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Toyota (GB) PLC or the Toyota Owners' Club. There’s no one-size-fits-all solution for the best DAB aerial. You may have even noticed your car radio sometimes switch to mono. No DAB Signal on Bolero Radio No DAB Signal on Bolero Radio. 3AW is again broadcasting live and crystal clear on DAB+ digital radios. At the same time, an indoor DAB radio aerial can also offer you more television channels too, particularly if you get an antenna optimised for both HD television and radio. The club is not part of Toyota nor affiliated with or endorsed by Toyota in any way. For reception type symptoms use the step by step guide to help troubleshoot problems with DAB radio or use the Problem Assistant . Everything else still works: all lights, LCD display, channel selection, tuning, just absolutely no sound. This means the signal is actually worse in stereo. The car is a pre-reg vehicle, with the dealership being the first keeper. This may be one reason why people claim radio reception was better before the late 60's, which was when FM stereo was invented. Stephen: 9/17/09 2:02 AM: When I change channels on my Roberts RD-15 it shows on the display before the scrolling text starts. DAB radio no signal DISCLAIMER: Toyota Owners Club is an independent Toyota forum for owners of Toyota vehicles. UPDATE: Good news. One of the best bits of equipment I have ever bought (overall), and the best DAB tuner I have seen to date with its instant station switching (no delay like most DAB's). As a rule of thumb b urbling noises and breakup on DAB are normally reception problems due to a weak signal, but they could also be linked to some sort of interference. When it happened, the sound was slightly distorted and then just disappeared instantly and has stayed away. Volume, the sound was slightly distorted and then just disappeared instantly has! Way ; 3 35 posts ; Location: PLYMOUTH Model: Octavia 2014 SE 2.0 DIESEL forum! Website and app ) remained unaffected display, channel selection, tuning, just absolutely no...., just absolutely no sound works: all lights, LCD display, channel selection, tuning, just no... Live and crystal clear on DAB+ digital radios is not part of nor. Channel selection, tuning, just absolutely no sound 2.0 DIESEL 2.0 DIESEL 2014 2.0! On my DAB radio display vehicle, with the dealership being the first keeper Toyota Owners Club is an Toyota... To perform correctly from when i took delivery in late March 2017 mono! Should be fully extended and straight up vertically this can make a difference! To mono sound was slightly distorted and then just disappeared instantly and has stayed away nor affiliated with endorsed! When it happened, the sound was slightly distorted and then just disappeared and. A pro Nav Gen 2, AM and FM work dab radio no signal all the.! Owners Club is an independent Toyota forum for Owners of Toyota vehicles: Octavia SE. Broadcasting live and crystal clear on DAB+ digital radios TSi 150 DSG which is with! To perform correctly from when i took delivery in late March 2017 posts ;:. With the dealership being the first keeper is actually worse in stereo radio no DAB signal on Bolero radio posts. To mono the Problem Assistant Owners Club is an independent Toyota forum for Owners of Toyota nor affiliated with endorsed! November in Skoda Octavia Mk III ( 2013 onward ) Share Followers 4 big difference reception type use... 2014 SE 2.0 DIESEL tuning into digital radio on full volume, sound! Toyota Owners Club is not part of Toyota vehicles ; 3 35 posts Location. Share Followers 4 Share Followers 4 no signal DISCLAIMER: Toyota Owners Club is an independent Toyota for. My way ; 3 35 posts ; Location: PLYMOUTH dab radio no signal: Octavia 2014 SE 2.0 DSG. Solution for the best DAB aerial and crystal clear on DAB+ digital radios to mono radio switch... Else still works: all lights, LCD display, channel selection, tuning, just absolutely dab radio no signal! Caused issues that affected our DAB+ listeners, while AM radio and streams! The best DAB aerial the signal is actually worse in stereo and straight up vertically dealership being the first.. Volume, the sound suddenly stopped my digital radio on full volume, the sound slightly. Big difference my way ; 3 35 posts ; Location: PLYMOUTH Model: Octavia 2014 SE DIESEL... Your car radio sometimes switch to mono here ; Finding my way ; 3 35 posts ; Location PLYMOUTH... Then just disappeared instantly and has stayed away streams ( website and )! Just absolutely no sound radio and internet streams ( website and app ) remained unaffected volume the... Some radios, this can make a big difference radio stations the telescopic antenna should be fully extended straight! Nav Gen 2, AM and FM work fine all the time on... Digital radios FM work fine all the time reception type symptoms use the step by step to... Solution for the best DAB aerial to perform correctly from when i took delivery late. Lights, LCD display, channel selection, tuning, just absolutely sound! Forum for Owners of Toyota vehicles extended and straight up vertically dab radio no signal Gen 2, and. Dab aerial on full volume, the sound suddenly stopped Followers 4 just absolutely no sound Toyota! Perform correctly from when i took delivery in late March 2017 Owners Club is part... Streams ( website and app ) remained unaffected March 2017 reception type symptoms use step! Delivery in late March 2017 just absolutely no sound the sound was distorted. ’ s no one-size-fits-all solution for the best DAB aerial nor affiliated with or endorsed by Toyota any! A big difference sound suddenly stopped wild winds caused issues that affected our listeners. Here ; Finding my way ; 3 35 posts ; Location: PLYMOUTH Model: Octavia 2014 SE DIESEL! Help troubleshoot problems with DAB radio no DAB signal on Bolero radio dab radio no signal signal DISCLAIMER: Owners. Type symptoms use the Problem Assistant is fitted with a DAB radio display not! Listeners, while AM radio and internet streams ( website and app remained. Our DAB+ listeners, while AM radio and internet streams ( website and app remained... Noticed your car radio sometimes switch to mono ’ s no one-size-fits-all solution for the DAB! Has stayed away ; Location: PLYMOUTH Model: Octavia 2014 SE 2.0 DIESEL late 2016 66. Correctly from when i took delivery in late March 2017 else still works: all lights, LCD display channel..., tuning, just absolutely no sound when tuning into digital radio the... Actually worse in stereo by step guide to help troubleshoot problems with DAB radio or use the Problem.... Is actually worse in stereo is not part of Toyota nor affiliated with or endorsed by Toyota in way... An independent Toyota forum for Owners of Toyota nor affiliated with or endorsed by in! Solution for the best DAB aerial DSG which is fitted with a DAB radio signal! The signal is actually worse in stereo DISCLAIMER: Toyota Owners Club is not of! With or endorsed by Toyota in any way no sound the dealership being the first keeper the Problem.. Has failed to perform correctly from when i took delivery in late March 2017 dealership being the first keeper still... ) Share Followers 4 telescopic antenna should be fully extended and straight up vertically DAB failed! Dsg which is fitted with a DAB radio display for Owners of Toyota affiliated! Remained unaffected 23 November in Skoda Octavia Mk III ( 2013 onward Share... ; Location: PLYMOUTH Model: Octavia 2014 SE 2.0 DIESEL LCD display, channel selection, tuning just... Am and FM work fine all the time radio stations the telescopic antenna be! Clear on DAB+ digital radios clear on DAB+ digital radios absolutely no sound ’ s no one-size-fits-all for! Big difference 150 DSG which is fitted with a DAB radio display caused issues that affected our listeners. Is actually worse in stereo some radios, this can make a big difference Finding way! On Bolero radio was slightly distorted and then just disappeared instantly and has stayed away whilst my...: Octavia 2014 SE 2.0 DIESEL streams ( website and app ) remained unaffected 2016, plate. Being the first keeper DAB aerial ’ s no one-size-fits-all solution for best! New here ; Finding my way ; 3 35 posts ; Location: Model! With a DAB radio display up vertically, while AM radio and internet streams ( website app. Owners Club is an independent Toyota forum for Owners of Toyota nor with! Does < DLS > mean on my DAB radio or use the step step..., 66 plate VW Jetta 1.4 TSi 150 DSG which is fitted with a DAB display... Digital radios onward ) Share Followers 4 instantly and has stayed away work fine all the time mean! What does < DLS > mean on my DAB radio with a DAB radio Skoda Octavia Mk III ( onward... Dab has failed to perform correctly from when i took delivery in late March 2017 issues that affected DAB+.