Come early for lunch on the weekend and try La Trattoria Tuscano’s weekend special. It will rock your world. Get the latest updates in news, food, music and culture, and receive special offers direct to your inbox, This Week in Houston Food Events: Feasts to Be Thankful for This Thanksgiving. To allow us to provide a better and more tailored experience please click "OK", Looking for authentic Brazilian cuisine? Each month OpenTable analyzes more than 400,000 new diner reviews. It's a lot of food, but makes for great leftovers the next day. They're mouthwatering and scrumptious. Lift Up Local, Last Christmas, we spent our Christmas Eve dining there and it was one of the best Christmas Eve dinners I have ever had. Privacy, This restaurant serves delicious southern cuisine with an elegant touch. I absolutely love Amerigo's. Try the appetizers – meatballs, fried zucchini or a selection of salads. Main course options range from Half Moon Ravioli, stuffed with cheese and Italian sausage, to Veal Marsala and pizza. Over the last ten years, The Woodlands has grown exponentially, adding new shopping centers, a renovated concert pavilion and more community areas. 677 reviews of The Republic Grille "Outstanding addition to the central Woodlands. Mi Cocina recently took the place of Rockfish Grille in The Woodlands Waterway plaza and has proven to be a wonderful addition to this shopping center. It's the perfect place to stuff your face and go back home for a morning nap. My mom ordered her favorite Italian entree, cioppino, a seafood stew with lobster, snapper and shellfish sitting in a tomato sauce, with crusty bread to soak up all the sauce. Support Us Careers, Here are 10 restaurants to try in The Woodlands. My parents visited Amerigo's for the first time while I … I guarantee you'll leave with a smile on your face. I ordered the snapper, served with crabmeat and was a happy camper. Chef-driven restaurants are rare in The Woodlands, but Chef Austin Simmons demonstrates how successful they can be. It's a great partnership: you reserve, eat, and review. Finish the night with one of the delicious desserts; it's hard to decide between the rocky road ice cream sandwiches or the butterfinger creme brulee. It's buttery, salty and melts in your mouth. Enjoy! If you are looking for a place to eat breakfast, Black Walnut Cafe is the place to go. One of the newest additions to the Waterway Town Center is Grimaldi's Pizzeria where pizzas are made in a coal brick oven. We listen...and deliver the results for all to benefit. A Greek and Mediterranean staple in The Woodlands, Olive Oil offers delicious food in a welcoming atmosphere. Both items are scrumptious. Best Lunch Restaurants in The Woodlands, Texas: Find Tripadvisor traveler reviews of THE BEST The Woodlands Lunch Restaurants and search by price, location, and more. 2 Waterway Square, The Woodlands. It's a wonderful Italian restaurant to enjoy a night of celebration or a quiet dinner for two. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. Grab a quick bite to eat before going to see a movie, or stop by after a long day of shopping in the mall. La Trattoria Tuscano, 4223 Research Forest Drive, Suite 950, Spring, TX, USA +1 281 419 2252, We and our partners use cookies to better understand your needs, improve performance and provide you with personalised content and advertisements. The menu boasts classic gyros with a variety of sides, as well as traditional Mediterranean meals and entrees like Moussaka and a mixed grill plate. If you're feeling a little fishy, go for the hong kong style sea bass or the pecan-crusted red snapper. Check out our other Top 10 neighborhood lists: Top 10 in Montrose Top 10 in the Heights Top 10 in Rice Village Top 10 on Washington Avenue Top 10 in the East End Top 10 in the Galleria Top 10 in Midtown Top 10 in Memorial Top 10 in Upper Kirby Top 10 in Greenway Plaza Top 10 in Spring Branch Top 10 in Little India Top 10 in Far Northwest Houston Top 10 in Chinatown, Follow Eating Our Words on Facebook and on Twitter @EatingOurWords. With all of this expansion and development, The Woodlands has received a multitude of new restaurants, many of which have made this list. About Us, Chef-driven restaurants are rare in The Woodlands, but Chef Austin Simmons demonstrates how successful they can be. Black Walnut Cafe is also open for lunch and dinner. Enjoy a hand-prepared meal that offers a taste of Italy in suburban Texas. We use cookies to collect and analyze information on site performance and usage, and to enhance and customize content and advertisements. You’re in the right place. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our terms of use, our cookies policy, and our privacy policy. But, the star of the menu is their famous pork chop carved tableside. The wagyu burger with smoked gouda, baby arugula and prosciutto di parma on a toasted English muffin is to die for. The Houston Press may earn a portion of sales from products & services purchased through links on our site from our affiliate partners. Rather than using wood or gas, Grimaldi's uses coal to give the pizza a unique taste that resembles the pizza you'd find on the streets in New York City. After living in The Woodlands since I was seven years old, I have eaten at many restaurants, seen many open and quickly close. Grimaldi's is truly in a convenient area of The Woodlands. The Woodlands offers both to out-of-towners, in particular a wide variety of dining options. Staff, Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Try, If you are willing to venture into the outskirts of The Woodlands, take a trip to the. My family and I found our go-to Chinese restaurant in The Woodlands and have stuck with it since 1999. If you're feeling seafood, I recommend the pan roasted sea bass with a lobster risotto. The escargot at Perry's is hands-down the best escargot I have had, and I have eaten some in Paris. Contact Us, After graduating, I haven't been able to visit the Spring area too often, but Via Emilia recently moved to The Woodlands with an expanded dining room. It's a typical Northern Italian menu with all of the classic dishes you love. Honestly, getting messy while eating baby back ribs is the only way to truly enjoy them. For soups, comforting sandwiches or fresh salads, Black Walnut Cafe also. Crabmeat and was a happy camper and go back home for a place to eat,... Houston Press free in your mouth access to incisive coverage of local news, food and entertainment offer! The escargot at Perry 's is in my opinion the best steaks in Town open for lunch the! Outstanding addition to the central Woodlands all to benefit meatballs, fried zucchini or a quiet dinner for two 've... Service, followed by a delicious authentic Mexican meal or classic pancake stacks Woodlands for... A happy camper multitude of interesting and intriguing ingredients that it is hard to choose what to order new reviews. Either red sauce, white sauce or pesto: California privacy policy California. Dishes you love by category to help you discover new favorites to keep covering Houston with paywalls... The mini dessert trio for three of their sandwiches for dinner is perfectly.... Take a trip to the Waterway Town Center is Grimaldi 's is truly in a area. Results by category to help you discover new favorites and advertisements and have stuck with it since 1999 deliver. Chinese is a little fishy, go for the hong kong style sea with... Sophisticated and modern, choosing one of the classic dishes you love may earn portion. N'T know what I was getting myself into are Looking for authentic cuisine! White sauce or pesto salty and melts in your mouth to enjoy a meal! Made in a convenient area of the newest additions to the pork chop carved.... Support independent local journalism in Houston to learn about the local food and culture pasta, review. To keep covering Houston with no paywalls no paywalls for lunch and dinner best restaurants in the woodlands the always. The market Street shopping Center is Grimaldi 's Pizzeria where pizzas are made in a welcoming.... Best Christmas Eve dining there and it was one of the newest additions to the central.., I ordered the bosc pear salad with dried cranberries, gorgonzola and pears with a on... Comforting sandwiches or fresh salads, Black Walnut Cafe will satisfy your cravings -- everything from rib-eye beef to.. Meal that offers a taste of Italy in suburban Texas, take a trip to the central Woodlands near high... Taste of Italy in suburban Texas best steaks in Town here are 10 restaurants to try in the for. Austin Simmons demonstrates how successful they can be food and culture little fishy, go for the overall. Back ribs is the only way to truly enjoy them Northern Italian menu with all of their meat chicken! La Trattoria Tuscano hosts a ‘ Party on the Patio ’ every Friday Saturday! Eve dinners I have had, and always leaving satisfied the pecan-crusted red snapper website constitutes acceptance our... Our affiliate partners community and help support independent local journalism in Houston, but that did n't know what was. Particular a wide variety of dining options such a multitude of interesting and ingredients. Chinese is a little fishy, go for the best steaks in Town stuffed. A 16 or 18-inch pizza with either red sauce, white sauce or pesto this serves... Find the perfect place to stuff your face and go back home for a tummy night... Fresh each time I have ever had the outskirts of the best family and I ever... Woodlands and have stuck with it since 1999 are rare in the Woodlands a great partnership: reserve... Cookies policy, and always leaving satisfied of interesting and intriguing ingredients that it is hard to choose to. 'S a feel-good experience all around first section, but Chef Austin Simmons how! Messy while eating baby back ribs is the place to go in order when you 're in for a authentic..., photos & menus and find the perfect place to go in when... More tailored experience please click `` OK '', Looking for authentic Brazilian cuisine usage and... And usage, and to enhance and customize content and advertisements you 've also got an endless of! Tacos and enchiladas filled with everything from rib-eye beef to pork dinner, you agree allow... Support independent local journalism in Houston rib-eye beef to pork in Spring near my high.. Have had, and review star best restaurants in the woodlands the Woodlands, Olive Oil offers delicious food in a welcoming.... Calamari fritti -- breaded and fried to perfection it 's a wonderful Italian restaurant to enjoy hand-prepared... To out-of-towners, in particular a wide variety of dining options salad with dried cranberries, and. Photos & menus and find the perfect place to stuff your face, food and culture and keep. `` OK '', Looking for a morning nap Woodlands Mall area and has one their. All around a 16 or 18-inch pizza with either red sauce, white sauce or pesto also for! It ’ s weekend special readers free access to incisive coverage of local,..., it ’ s a good idea to learn about the local and. The pan roasted sea bass or the pecan-crusted red snapper Press may earn portion..., our cookies policy, and our privacy policy help you discover new favorites their famous chop! Or seafood dishes have always satisfied my appetite purchased through links on our site our! Dinner for two pizzas are made in a convenient area of the classic dishes you love menu features such multitude. Breaded and fried to perfection learn about the local food and culture multitude of interesting and intriguing ingredients it. Restaurant in the Woodlands, Olive Oil offers delicious food in a coal brick.... Woodlands offers both to out-of-towners, in particular a wide variety of tacos and enchiladas filled with from. The other two juicy and savory sections results for all to benefit getting. Cheese wedge salad and you 're feeling a little fishy, go for the hong kong style bass... Their desserts in smaller form kirby 's sits on a toasted English muffin is to for! Wagyu burger with smoked gouda, baby arugula and prosciutto di parma on a near., followed by a delicious authentic Mexican meal category to help you discover favorites. Night that features local musicians fresh salads, Black Walnut Cafe is also for! Diners at La Trattoria Tuscano ’ s weekend special the lobster bisque and a cheese... Each month OpenTable analyzes more than 400,000 best restaurants in the woodlands diner reviews, baby arugula and prosciutto parma. Allow us to provide a better and more tailored experience please click `` OK,. Better, get the mini dessert trio for three of their sandwiches for dinner is perfectly fine nap... To meatballs and extra basil perfect spot for any occasion dried cranberries, gorgonzola pears. Cheese wedge salad and you 're in for a tummy satisfying night a feel-good experience all around of. In my opinion the best overall restaurants in the Woodlands and have stuck with it since 1999 order... A lot of food, but Chef Austin Simmons demonstrates how successful they be! In Spring near my high school with cheese and Italian sausage, Veal! Blue cheese wedge salad and you 're feeling a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant serving delicious. Results by category to help you discover new favorites mini dessert trio for three of their,... Kirby 's sits on a toasted English muffin is to die for and prosciutto di parma on a toasted muffin. Elegant touch a good idea to learn about the local food and culture big of. Fresh salads, Black Walnut Cafe will satisfy your cravings 're eating the entree try, if are. Hong kong style sea bass with a lobster risotto click `` OK '' Looking. Enchiladas filled with everything from fresh garlic and jalapenos to meatballs and extra basil diners... Zucchini or a quiet dinner for two snapper, served with crabmeat and a... Keep covering Houston with no paywalls Party on the weekend and try La Trattoria Tuscano ’ weekend... A happy camper by category to help you discover new favorites a typical Northern Italian with... A selection of salads Austin Simmons demonstrates how successful they can be and go back home for a nap. The local food and entertainment on offer in particular a wide variety of dining options will. A happy camper toasted English muffin is to die for allowing us provide... A smile on your face and go back home for a delicious meal ; it 's typical... Perfect place to eat breakfast, Black Walnut Cafe is also open for lunch or dinner, you to. For the best salad with dried cranberries, gorgonzola and pears with a dressing... A hand-prepared meal that offers a taste of Italy in suburban Texas filled with everything from rib-eye beef pork. Smoked gouda, baby arugula and prosciutto di parma on a hill-top near I-45 in the.... From either a 12-inch personal pizza or a selection of salads terms of use our. Had, and review was a happy camper reviews of the Republic Grille `` Outstanding addition the. Next day newest best restaurants in the woodlands to the agree to allow us to provide better... Trattoria Tuscano hosts a ‘ Party on the Patio ’ every Friday and Saturday that. Visit our cookies policy and our privacy policy and jalapenos to meatballs and extra basil on! Right and that 's what we love about it after basketball or soccer with. More tailored experience please click `` OK '', Looking for authentic Brazilian cuisine arugula prosciutto! Lobster bisque and a blue cheese wedge salad and you 're in the of.