Warriors guard Klay Thompson will miss the entirety of the 2019-20 season following the first major injury of his career. Thompson was later diagnosed with a torn ACL, but he initially believed he wouldn't sit for more than a few minutes. TodayHeadline.co is an online news portal that aims to provide the latest trendy news and updates around the world. The Warriors announced Thursday that Thompson, who suffered a … Here's everything we know about his injury and the latest news on when he may return to the court. It's still a possibility. Find out more about how we use your information in our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. Believes that Derrick Rose would be a top-3 player today had he not gotten injured. Thompson will be cautious in his recovery because he wants to play for another decade. https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sporting_news/82/de/klay-thompson-getty-102419-ftrjpg_1rk4a70ijzu4t1jr37mv5lsahv.jpg?t=-67139179&w=500&quality=80. We haven't really discussed it. I think the [Olympic] team meets in July, so it's still quite a ways away. But he’s healthy, he’s feeling good, and it has been great to have him in the building. We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. The tear kept Thompson out of the league for the entire 2019-2020 season. And they’ll want to walk away from the season with a chip in their hands. February 21, 2020. ... Obviously his health is the No. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. The Golden State Warriors are ready to begin the next season. Tweet. Devika Pawar . Share. The tear kept Thompson out of the league for the entire 2019-2020 season. Curfew begins for 20 million French people, Opioid epidemic: Groundbreaking new drug offers hope to addicts, Stars Reach Out to UK Man Struggling with His Mental Health, TodayHeadline – All about News and Updates. Their 15-50 record was the worst in the league, only behind Cleveland Cavaliers’ 19-46. Sporting News. And with him back, the Warriors will look to silence the critics that said they were past their prime. The Warriors committed a foul to stop the clock and sub Thompson out of the game. Klay Thompson fully cleared from knee injury One of the largest early hurdles for the Warriors’ long offseason has been cleared. Draymond Green suffered his own injury problems. "It's not off the table," Kerr said. JOIN OUR NEWSLETTERS, This website uses cookies. Golden State will be without at least one "Splash Brother" for quite some time. Klay Thompson, nearing … My adrenaline was so high being Game 6, whatever. Klay Thompson injury update: Warriors star ruled out for season, could play in 2020 Olympics. He was helped back to the locker room but then returned to the free throw line for his 29th and 30th points. The three-time NBA champion had an efficient 28 points (8-of-12 from the field, 4-of-6 on 3-pointers) through almost three quarters with the Warriors facing elimination against the Raptors. To enable Verizon Media and our partners to process your personal data select 'I agree', or select 'Manage settings' for more information and to manage your choices. But the worst of the injury problems was the ACL tear Klay Thompson suffered in Game 6 of the 2019 NBA Finals against the Raptors. After his injury from the 2019 NBA Finals held Klay Thompson out of the entire 2019-20 season, the sharpshooting guard has been working towards his … Klay Thompson Injury Update Posted: Feb 20, 2020 Warriors guard Klay Thompson, who suffered a torn left ACL during Game 6 of the NBA Finals on … I thought I sprained my knee; that's all I thought it was. Despite the injury, the Warriors rewarded Thompson this past offseason with a five-year, $190 million max contract. The Warriors’ coach gave a key update about Thompson’s recovery.“Yeah, Klay (Thompson) has looked great. 1 concern, and so we'll kind of cross that bridge when we come to it. Obviously, thinking about next season with him, Steph, Draymond, and Andrew Wiggins, we can start thinking about having a great team again.”. To the surprise of no one, Klay Thompson has been ruled out for a return to the NBA this season. Share. Thompson will not play the remainder of the 2019-20 season. It's just not a good feeling when you feel helpless and the team's out there competing.". "It's still a possibility. DO YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE TRENDY NEWS AND UPDATE AROUND THE WORLD? It was another classic Game 6 performance from Thompson. ", Steve Kerr said it’s still possible Klay Thompson competes in Olympics. Warriors guard Klay Thompson will miss the entirety of the 2019-20 season following the first major injury of his career. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. What's next for Thompson? He hasn’t seen Klay sprinting/jumping yet, but he will increasingly do more on the floor, behind the scenes, in upcoming weeks, as season nears an end. Reblog. Klay Thompson is an integral part of the Warriors’ team. Then, on a fast break with just over two minutes left in the third, Thompson crashed to the floor after a dunk attempt and immediately reached for his left knee. Jun 13, 2019; Oakland, CA, USA; Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson (11) reacts after an injury during the third quarter against the Toronto Raptors in game six of the 2019 NBA Finals at Oracle Arena. But it's really not anything we're discussing at this point. "But when I went back to the locker room, it swelled up a lot, didn't feel right. Kerr added that Thompson could be available for Team USA assuming he makes the final roster for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. News of Klay’s recovery is music to the ears of Warriors’ fans. Written By. Feb 20, 2020 Klay Thompson will wait until next year for his return to NBA game action. But I've never had the severity of an ACL injury or an injury that bad," Thompson told ESPN's Cari Champion. ‘Dub Nation’ has been clamoring to watch him back in action, and they will get their chance come the 2021 NBA Season. Last Updated: 26th September, 2020 12:25 IST Klay Thompson Joins GSW Minicamp For First Time Since ACL Injury After Clearing Quarantine According to recent photos uploaded by the Golden State Warriors, Klay Thompson joined the Warriors minicamp for the first time since his ACL tear. I was already aware that he was doing well and feeling really good, and this is just the natural next step, to be on the court with nine other guys and so, it has been really good for him.”, [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcjTWmmXgz0?start=207], “He looks great, his rhythm and his timing aren’t there, but there’s no way that it would be, given that he’s been away for a year and a half. Steve Kerr went on ‘All The Smoke’ podcast. pic.twitter.com/DGJhFTzR8b. Thompson had been the NBA's "Iron Man" prior to tearing his left ACL in the 2019 NBA Finals, playing in at least 73 regular season games in each of his past five All-Star seasons. I’ve seen him a couple of times during the quarantine in Orange County, and I’ve watched him work out over the past few months a couple of times and kept up to speed with him. Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Verizon Media websites and apps. © 2019 TodayHeadline.co - All rights reserved! Warriors’ fans will look forward to seeing the ‘Splash Brothers’ fully fit and firing. "I knew I did something. With the Warriors finally back at full strength, they will come to the league with a massive chip on their shoulder. The Warriors had a lot of injuries last season. — Klay Thompson ruled out for season, could play in 2020 Olympics, — Steve Kerr says "it's unlikely" Klay Thompson will play this season, — Klay Thompson won't return until after All-Star break, Warriors say, — Klay Thompson speaks on knee injury, motivation for season, https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sporting_news/bc/f9/klay-thompson-getty-102419-ftrjpg_b9oe2kh65gu0121uq1bu3sh6z.jpg?t=-45358483&w=500&quality=80, https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sporting_news/82/de/klay-thompson-getty-102419-ftrjpg_1rk4a70ijzu4t1jr37mv5lsahv.jpg?t=-67139179&w=500&quality=80, Klay Thompson ruled out for season, could play in 2020 Olympics, Steve Kerr says "it's unlikely" Klay Thompson will play this season, Klay Thompson won't return until after All-Star break, Warriors say, Klay Thompson speaks on knee injury, motivation for season. With Thompson out and Kevin Durant in Brooklyn, Golden State coach Steve Kerr will rely on Stephen Curry (whenever he recovers from his own injury), Draymond Green and trade deadline addition Andrew Wiggins to guide the struggling Warriors. Difficult to believe that both teams were in the NBA Finals just two seasons ago. Visit our, Gang behind £1million drugs ring jailed for total of 28 years, How you can help cash-strapped charities keep up and running | Charitable giving, Federico Valverde EXCLUSIVE, Bruno Fernandes target for Real Madrid and Barca, Toon reaction – The Sun, ‘Scary’ wave of closures hits popular tourist strip, BTS Jimin remains unwavering in October brand rankings, The Latest: Thailand closes Myanmar border crossings. LATEST INJURY NEWS: Stephen Curry | Kevin Durant, (Getty Images) Mandatory Credit: Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports . The Warriors announced on Feb. 20 that Thompson is "on track with his rehabilitation timeline" and expected to return for the team's 2020-21 training camp. How cheaply can the EU fund its borrowing spree? ‘Dub Nation’ will have high hopes for the season, after seeing their team fail to make the Playoffs this year. Yahoo is part of Verizon Media. "I've heard varying opinions about [the injury], especially medically, I don't want to rush it 'cause I want to play until I'm 38, 39, 40 years old," Thompson said. Steph Curry suffered a broken hand at the beginning of the season that kept him out till February. "So me, personally, I didn't think it was that bad, initially. NBA Writer.