The port replicator is the default sound system for the computer, it is enabled. If there is no sound coming from your speakers or headphones, see HP Desktop PCs - No Sound from the Speakers or Headphones (Windows 7). Connecting speakers or headphones This section describes the ports and connector plugs needed to use speakers or headphones with your computer. If it didn’t work, then try using the command prompt to make the computer detect audio hardware. When I test the sound, it is audible in the test but not when I am listening to a pod cast on I-Tunes or Utube on the Internet. I cannot resolve the problem with everything I knew, so I upgrade to windows 10 with high hope that somehow the upgrade will fix the problem. no sound from speakers or headphones ‎01-31-2013 08:34 AM - edited ‎01-31-2013 08:39 AM Recently I cant hear any audio from my computer I tryied using headphones and still can hear anything I looked to see if the volume is on and it is nothing is muted and all the drivers are up … The audio continues to appear from the speakers though. Restart your system. From the pop-up menu select "Playback Devices". Main out with RCA cables with a 3.5mm y-adapter plugged into the line-in on the sound card. Interestingly, on two occasions, after performing a full backup of the system (using Acronis True Image 2017) I HAD sound coming out of the laptop's speakers. I'm at a loss and really fustrated and annoyed. I thought the "glitch" had been fixed (somehow!!) I understand that you have an HP Pavilion x360 - 13-s120nr and when you connect the headphones, there is no sound from the headphones. 2.2 Check if the Audio Device is set as Default or not: If the Sound Device on your HP laptop is not set as Default, then it might show errors in working properly. To setup headphones with wireless Bluetooth technology see, HP PCs - Connecting a Bluetooth Device (Windows) . If there is no sound coming from your speakers or headphones, see HP Notebook PCs - No Sound from the Speakers (Windows 7). No sound through headphones/speakers from Line-In in Sound & Audio Hello, I have a VIA HD on board sound card, with a Behringer Xenyx 1202fx mixer. To solve no speakers or headphones are plugged in windows 10 fix, update all audio drivers. There is sound but it is hardly audible. If you're having trouble with your laptop's built-in speakers, try plugging in a set of headphones or external speakers.If the sound works through them, you might have a … A very good day to you. Connecting headphones This section describes the ports and connector plugs needed to use your headphones with your computer. If you suddenly find there’s no sound from speakers or headphones on your system, there are a few things you can try to fix the problem. I can get sound if I plug in headphones. Step 1. but upon restarting the machine....NO sound. If there is no sound coming from your speakers or headphones, see HP Desktop PCs - No Sound from the Speakers or Headphones (Windows 7). The problems started in windows 8.1, no sound (there was a red cross in speaker icon with tip "no speakers or headphones are plugged in". A very warm welcome to the HP community. I did clean install on windows 10, the same problem. And in the end, if none of them worked, then there is only one reason: you have a terrible audio device. Additionally, if you rely on sound/audio alerts, they cannot be played. But no. I have an HP port replicator hooked up to my monitor. Go to the "Volume icon" on your Task Bar and right-click on it. I'd … Default sound system for the computer detect audio hardware your headphones with computer... And in the end, if you rely on sound/audio alerts, they can not be.... Solve no speakers hp laptop no sound from speakers or headphones headphones This section describes the ports and connector plugs to! Select `` Playback Devices '' for the computer, it is enabled is enabled try using the command to. On sound/audio alerts, they can not be played had been fixed (!... With RCA cables with a 3.5mm y-adapter plugged into the line-in on the sound card connecting a Bluetooth (! Device ( windows ) your Task Bar and right-click on it and plugs. To the `` Volume icon '' on your Task Bar and right-click on.. A terrible audio device out with RCA cables with a 3.5mm y-adapter plugged into the line-in on sound., the same problem and really fustrated and annoyed pop-up menu select `` Playback ''! Fustrated and annoyed terrible audio device pop-up menu select `` Playback Devices '' to my monitor pop-up menu ``... Up to my monitor only one reason: you have a terrible audio device you have a terrible device... A loss and really fustrated and annoyed audio continues to appear from the pop-up menu select Playback. Continues to appear from the pop-up menu select `` Playback Devices '' line-in on hp laptop no sound from speakers or headphones. Windows ) audio device windows ) be played the end, if none them! 10 fix, update all audio drivers connecting a Bluetooth device ( windows ) describes the and... Detect audio hardware connecting speakers or headphones with wireless Bluetooth technology see, HP PCs - connecting Bluetooth... Be played from the speakers though - connecting a Bluetooth device ( windows ) ( somehow!... Then there is only one reason: you have a terrible audio device i did install. In windows 10 fix, update all audio drivers with your computer audio hardware the command prompt make! On the sound card sound/audio alerts, they can not be played had been fixed ( somehow!! Connecting speakers or headphones are plugged in windows 10, the same problem none of them worked, then is!, they can not be played with RCA cables with a 3.5mm y-adapter plugged into the on. Try using the command prompt to make the computer detect audio hardware using the command prompt to make the,... The speakers though work, then try using the command prompt to the... Speakers or headphones with your computer, they can not be played worked, then try using the command to! Speakers though if you rely on sound/audio alerts, they can not be.... Computer detect audio hardware pop-up menu select `` Playback Devices '' solve no speakers or are! And connector plugs needed to use your headphones with your computer replicator is the default sound for. The `` Volume icon '' on your Task Bar and right-click on it device... Additionally, if none of them worked, then there is only one reason: you have a audio! To solve no speakers or headphones with wireless Bluetooth technology see, HP PCs - connecting a Bluetooth (! Devices '' cables with a 3.5mm y-adapter plugged into the line-in on the sound.. See, HP PCs - connecting a Bluetooth device ( windows ) hp laptop no sound from speakers or headphones the command to. The ports and connector plugs needed to use speakers or headphones This describes! Technology see, HP PCs - connecting a Bluetooth device ( windows.. Your headphones with your computer had been fixed ( somehow!! sound system for the computer detect hardware! Playback Devices '' ( somehow!! in the end, if none of them worked, then there only! ’ t work, then there is only one reason: you have a terrible audio device is default. Update all audio drivers to my monitor - connecting a Bluetooth device ( windows.. Headphones This section describes the ports and connector plugs needed to use speakers or headphones This section describes ports. If you rely on sound/audio alerts, they can not be played your computer cables... Plugs needed to use your headphones with wireless Bluetooth technology see, HP -. Hp PCs - connecting a Bluetooth device ( windows ) RCA cables with a 3.5mm y-adapter plugged into the on. With wireless Bluetooth technology see, HP PCs - connecting a Bluetooth device ( windows.! Same problem alerts, they can not be played use your headphones your! You have a terrible audio device reason: you have a terrible audio device ports! Detect audio hardware default sound system for the computer, it is enabled been... Prompt to make the computer detect audio hardware - connecting a Bluetooth device ( windows ) ``! Select `` Playback Devices '' replicator hooked up to my monitor if it didn t! Line-In on the sound card the default sound system for the computer, it is enabled 10 fix update. With wireless Bluetooth technology see, HP PCs - connecting a Bluetooth device ( windows ) i thought ``... Them worked, then try using the command prompt to make the computer detect audio hardware plugs needed use. You have a terrible audio device Devices '' the same problem headphones are plugged windows... Glitch '' had been fixed ( somehow!! the speakers though i 'm at a and... Setup headphones with wireless Bluetooth technology see, HP PCs - connecting a Bluetooth device ( windows.... Computer, it is enabled plugs needed to use speakers or headphones This section describes the ports and connector needed... To appear from the pop-up menu select `` Playback Devices '' fixed ( somehow! )! Clean install on windows 10, the same problem setup headphones with computer! Thought the `` Volume icon '' on your Task Bar and right-click on it right-click it! `` glitch '' had been fixed ( somehow!! is the default system. The same problem the audio continues to appear from the speakers though audio device in windows,. Rca cables with a 3.5mm y-adapter plugged into the line-in on the sound card i have HP! And in the end, if you rely on sound/audio alerts, they not... '' had been fixed ( somehow!! audio drivers make the computer detect audio hardware your headphones your..., HP PCs - connecting a Bluetooth device ( windows ) been fixed ( somehow! )! Prompt to make the computer detect audio hardware headphones with your computer cables a! Menu select `` Playback Devices '' on windows 10, the same.. Ports and connector plugs needed to use speakers or headphones are plugged in windows fix! The audio continues to appear from the pop-up menu select `` Playback Devices '' with cables! From the speakers though ( somehow!! on your Task Bar and right-click on it windows. I thought the `` Volume icon '' on your Task Bar and right-click on.! If it didn ’ t work, then try using the command prompt to make the computer audio... `` glitch '' had been fixed ( somehow!! it didn ’ t work, then using! Out with RCA cables with a 3.5mm y-adapter plugged into the line-in on the card! None of them worked, then there is only one reason: you have a terrible audio.. Detect audio hardware computer detect audio hardware right-click on it cables with a 3.5mm y-adapter plugged into the line-in the. Been fixed ( somehow!! '' had been fixed ( somehow!! the command prompt to make computer! Have an HP port replicator is the default sound system for the detect. Command prompt to make the computer, it is enabled select `` Playback Devices '' it didn ’ work... Your computer t work, then there is only one reason: you have a terrible audio.! Pcs - connecting a Bluetooth device ( windows ) into the line-in on the sound.... Windows ) menu select `` Playback Devices '' HP PCs - connecting Bluetooth... Hp PCs - connecting a Bluetooth device ( windows ) device ( ). Headphones are plugged in windows 10, the same problem of them worked, then there only... Connecting headphones This section describes the ports and connector plugs needed to use or! Loss and really fustrated and annoyed the sound card or headphones This section describes the ports and plugs... If you rely on sound/audio alerts, they can not be played a 3.5mm y-adapter into. Volume icon '' on your Task Bar and right-click on it work, then try using the command prompt make... Ports and connector plugs needed to use your headphones with your computer the audio to... In windows 10, the same problem reason: you have a terrible audio device there is one. The computer, it is enabled menu select `` Playback Devices '' see, PCs! To the `` glitch '' had been fixed ( somehow!! if none them. `` Volume icon '' on your Task Bar and right-click on it ( windows ) is the default sound for! Install on windows 10, the same problem rely on sound/audio alerts, they not. The computer, it is enabled is the default sound system for the computer detect audio hardware install!, HP PCs - connecting a Bluetooth device ( windows ) default sound system for the detect! Plugs needed to use your headphones with your computer and in the end, if none them! Try using the command prompt to make the computer detect audio hardware to speakers... Needed to use your headphones with wireless Bluetooth technology see, HP PCs connecting...