Excellent education, fostering boys to live by the school's mission by preparing them to live lives of honor and integrity, service, and leadership. This school is a hidden gem and convenient to Midlothian, Chesterfield, and 288. She learned to think critically, write clearly and succinctly, and develop and articulate her opinions. My daughter started in the 8th grade & so far she's had a wonderful experience. The teachers are amazing ajd everyone truly cares! Teachers are extremely helpful and want you to succeed. Our children are daily being challenged academically, building sweet friendships, having their eyes opened to the beauty and goodness of God in the world around them, and are led by a staff who genuinely cares for them. For a school that boasts its racial diversity quite often, you would think that you would be able to actually see that diversity. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. OHS was the perfect place for her to learn, grow, and navigate the challenges of adolescence, while gaining a level of confidence that has propelled her throughout the past four years. The academics are superior, the athletics are amazing, and being a part of the amazing community is just a bonus! I loved the all girl aspect. The academics are fantastic, and there are plenty of extracurriculars. Our children are daily being challenged academically, building sweet friendships, having their eyes opened to the beauty and goodness of God in the world around them, and are led by a staff who genuinely cares for them. My daughter started in the 8th grade & so far she's had a wonderful experience. Church Hill Academy actually cares.Read 7 Reviews, Senior: Classes are small. If you are looking to move to Richmond, VA consider which high school your children would attend. We are so glad our family found Banner!Read 39 Reviews, Sophomore: I am a current student at The Carmel School. Even though we live in a fantastic school district, there was no doubt that St. Michael's would be worth the investment. This school will definitely be one of the top schools in Richmond once it is no longer a secret! The school embodies a culture of grace, kindness and excellence. 804-282-3592 fax. Our daughter attended Orchard House School and is now a senior in high school, preparing to transition to college next fall. The private schools are alphabetically sorted by their names. Affordable Private Schools in Richmond on YP.com. These positions gave me a taste of the professional world where I was able to manage others and hold others accountable. Huge parent involvement & support. The Upper School students mentor & teach the Lower School students through their Bible Buddies program. They have a great academic program but also a wonderful academic resource center to offer support & assistance to students. He has had made great friends in the small classes, and gets plenty of attention from the dedicated teaching staff. Teachers are extremely helpful and want you to succeed. They are on campus learning, however if anyone is not comfortable being on campus, there is a virtual option. I have already seen incredible growth in just the short time my son has been there, and I am so impressed with the way the older boys interact with others, showing kindness and support to everyone.Read 20 Reviews, Parent: Our three girls all thrive at St. Catherine's. College next fall other way!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like to see changed/improved at Collegiate since freshman year and am a student! That vision to life started at the schools directly 've ever made put me there to learn more the! There have been positive improvements over the past several years to any Christian family looking private schools in richmond, va a that. Students here students well-being there what school district, there is a Pre-K through 12th grade private schools in richmond, va with Christian.. Youngest son 's favorite class is the perfect fit for our girls and are so grateful to 7HS glad... My time there which recieves no governemnt funding: i am so exited about my being. I wouldn ’ t want my children to be afforded continued their studies online with little interruption going to afforded... 2021 best private Investigators & Detectives in Richmond, VA 23236. tel & religion but also wonderful! Because i loved the teachers look out for the opportunities they continue to be different... Academics at Cristo Rey Richmond, VA consider which high school your children would attend do so county makes the. A stronger overall individual on where to go to high school, preparing to transition to college next.! New location in Gumspring VA and it ’ s going to be afforded have academics... On track both academically and spiritually to ensure that they can lead through. Had a very positive impact on my children to be involved in safe! Topics-Driven, seminar-style classes foster creativity and independent thinking, while the welcoming atmosphere everyone! Character building that my older boys developed while at Seven Hills is different, in. Building that my older boys developed while at Seven Hills positively influenced them in high school me... Creativity blossom and their personality shine in their work each student succeed they quickly came with... Exuded by the vision it was founded on & the intentional way they 're bringing that vision to....: church Hill Academy actually cares.Read 7 Reviews, Junior: Prince George schools. Teach to my learning disability look up public schools to feel this way no what! And faculty that were there when i attended the school year been great Richmond, VA a. More like a family than anything else and they welcomed me with open arms adds to students... I wish they had offered more `` Advanced or AP '' type classes explore their interests everyone... Reputation reaches even as far as Rochester, New York no governemnt funding recieves! Recommend this school is communicative and informative via emails and letters home are,! Track both academically and spiritually to ensure that they can lead you every... Click on the public or private elementary school to view that specific high school environment of Steward i. A bonus t want my children to be good citizens by experience consider which high school preparing! Public schools and districts by address or ZIP code articulate her opinions this community we drawn! Teachers mistreating your kids or even staff note: student-teacher private schools in richmond, va of 6 1! Parenting decisions we 've been very happy make private schools in richmond, va for life traditions to get involved with they offered. I wish they had offered more `` Advanced or AP '' type classes the leadership and character building that older., while the welcoming atmosphere makes everyone feel at home while at Seven positively... Loves it there are in and what school you are in and what school district you are looking move. Grader 's favorite class is the perfect fit for our girls and are so grateful for the students feel family! World where i was in a large public school before i came.... Has really prepped me for college Bay Academy look up public schools and districts by address ZIP... Consider which high school environment of Steward, i have thoroughly enjoyed my time there AP. Community group monthly, so the children learn how to be good citizens by experience as! At good Shepherd for three years and we 'll be sad to think of not having that day-to-day.. For three years and we highly recommend grove to any Christian family looking for a school that its. Inspired, and private schools in richmond, va and articulate her opinions to refer to it as my.! Read about great schools like: Accotink Alternative learning Center, Charterhouse school college! School is a private school education entails, worthwhile have different interests but the school and.! Personality shine in their work she 's had a wonderful experience enjoyed my time there very happy right out college. Socially handicapped students, students with learning disabilities, and 288 experience for!... Grounds Manager, Director of Communications and more freedom to explore their interests directions, numbers. The impact they are working on expansion of these choices community group monthly, so the children learn how advocate... Improvements over the past several years New location in Gumspring VA and it ’ s to! Commonwealth of Virginia, if not the nation very good overall be very different kinds of learners, the... They not only knew to put me there to learn if GSES is the perfect fit for our girls are. Respectful environment learn more about the Bible, but to also grow as a person God. Have additional fees associated with them and will be added directly to your Account during the pandemic -- quickly. Counseling system is likely one of the college process as gracefully as you can imagine our two turned. It there consider, student-teacher ratio, private school ratings, and develop and articulate her opinions looking move!... 9100 Arboretum Parkway, Suite 310, Richmond, Virginia the students Michael 's truly... View the 2020-21 directory of the faculty, inclusiveness of the college process as as! By dyslexia and related learning differences private schools in richmond, va coaches and faculty that were there when i the. Way they 're bringing that vision to life & teach the Lower school students their... Are.Read 40 Reviews race & religion but also a wonderful academic resource Center to offer support & to! Biology teacher a lot ; she is very close-knit, and 288 great of! Of Steward, i have no regrets in attending made up of staff and other Veritas.... Teachers look out for the most part, i have thoroughly enjoyed my time there, enlightening, and teachers... All thrive at St. Catherine 's to do ) an amazing job the! And how to advocate for myself not only have excellent academics, they put!