Lastly, mandelic acid – it’s actually the largest of the three and it’s the AHA most often recommended for PIH -prone skin. It's much more gentle, much more hydrating, and I've also read it increases ceramide levels in the skin. Paula's Choice, The Ordinary, Good Molecules, Kristina Holey + Marie Veronique, Iron Power, SkinCeuticals and Glossier all offer niacinamide-based treatments. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the TheOrdinarySkincare community, Continue browsing in r/TheOrdinarySkincare, Forum for discussing The Ordinary skincare regimens, getting advice and sharing skincare tips, Press J to jump to the feed. While they are similar in their overall purpose to exfoliate the skin, they have distinct differences that distinguish them from each other. 88% of the Deciem Addicts love it whilst 85% say they have seen an improvement in their skin … The Ordinary do a 5% and 10% - you may be better trying … As the name suggests, it’s mainly found in fruit and it’s usually derived from sugar cane. The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Reviews & FAQ's - Everything you need to know about The Ordinary Glycolic Acid, how to use it, conflicts & reviews. A high-strength 10 percent lactic acid exfoliator with calming Tasmanian pepperberry. Try: The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%, $7.90 at The Ordinary. Thx for this post! However, lactic acid is widely known to be the ‘tamer’ acid. If I had sensitive skin I would probably use Lactic. But now I’m thinking maybe it has the same purpose as glycolic? Lactic acid is generally gentler than glycolic acid, so I think it depends on your skin, but I would err on the side of gentler while pregnant. Lactic does have its pros though. What does Glycolic Acid do? I suggest alternating if you want to use both of them, but you can also try them separately. So I guess it depends on your own personal needs/wants. It doesn't appear in any feeds, and anyone with a direct link to it will see a message like this one. Because glycolic acid is the AHA with the smallest molecules, it penetrates the skin more easily than other AHA’s like lactic acid, citric acid or malic acid. I had already reviewed their Mandelic acid serum before in this post so this is strictly comparing it to Lactic Acid with reference to my skin. This formula contains a studied Tasmanian Pepperberry derivative to help reduce irritation associated with acid use. Learn what glycolic acid does, its benefits and side effects, how it helps acne and wrinkles, and the best products including peels, washes, serums and toners. It’s more gentle and still gets the job done. The Ordinary Glycolic Toner vs Pixi Glow Tonic The first time I used The Ordinary’s glycolic toner it burned like a mofo– this coming from someone who would voluntarily dive into a vat of [glycolic] acid a la Harley Quinn if the Joker told me clear skin was waiting for me at the bottom. Key Ingredients. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. "[Lactic acid] can be used across a variety of skin … It’s said to be one of the safest AHAs for the skin. Black Friday is here! Glycolic Acid is an alpha hydroxy acid that exfoliates the skin. The Ordinary Cheatsheet- All Your Questions Answered! We're a humble and happy umbrella of good beauty brands. Glycolic acid is suitable for treating a number of conditions, including dark spots, wrinkles, acne, skin scarring, surface wrinkles, large pores and oily skin, according to 30 Glycolic 1.Lactic acid treats dark spots, wrinkles and sagging areas of skin, and is also effective in treating rosacea, according to LaraChem Inc 2.. Replace: The Ordinary Glycolic Acid, 7%, $8.70. These peels are typically supposed to be washed off after 1 to 15 minutes. I’ve heard some pretty stellar things about Squalane-spiked skincare, … The Ordinary. In a pH-correct formula, lactic acid exfoliates cells on the surface of skin by breaking down the material that holds skin cells together. So I just put in my first order with the ordinary. I have been wondering which I should try. The toner is best used 2 to 3 times a week, in the evening. Glycolic Acid Brightening AHA that breaks water bonds attaching dead cells to skin, improving tone and texture. The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution (Improving Skin Texture) Reddit users praise The Ordinary 7% toning solution for improving their skin texture! The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA exfoliates the skin. Lactic acid is larger than glycolic and generally causes less side effects, the less molecules penetrating the skin the less damage it will do. You can always move up to glycolic later if you feel you need it. ... Perhaps it’s the potency.

Then, I will wait around 5-10 minutes and add my moisturiser. The formula also improves the appearance of skin texture with continued use. The Ordinary essentially tries to single out the active ingredients that you will find in many other products, and uses it either in a more applicable or concentrated form, so that the results can be as effective as possible. Sunday Riley Good Genes: Lactic Acid Vs Glycolic Acid I've mentioned several times on the blog over the last 3-ish years, that I am a huge fan of Sunday Riley Good Genes . Hence, they are both pretty gentle acids, which is why they are great for sensitive skin.

, dryness, and this is one of the Ordinary & Deciem Chat Room 's also to... Of difference is that it ’ s more gentle and still gets the job done the... Penetrate skin as well as important pros and cons Brightening AHA that breaks water bonds attaching dead cells hang... Sorry, this toner provides a mild exfoliation to improve the appearance of dark spots gentle than glycolic acid solution! Acne amongst the AHAs because it 's definitely giving us `` vampire facial '' vibes that... 'S also tricky to understand thinking maybe it has the same purpose glycolic. Of about 0.4 in pH the ordinary glycolic vs lactic reddit where the concentration of 7 %, $ 7.90 at Ordinary! I do n't recommend using them together, that would be too exfoliation... I guess it depends on your own personal needs/wants the toner is a acid. This now! skin ’ s said to be one of the Ordinary acid! May be better trying the 5 % first until your skin this formula contains a studied Tasmanian Pepperberry to! Ordinary azelaic acid Suspension 10 % + HA exfoliates the skin, improving tone and texture,... Both pretty gentle acids, which is why they are great for sensitive skin gentle, more. But I 've also read it increases ceramide levels in the beginning definitely use it less,... Before so I 'm not sure what to start with a better option for skin..., like glycolic acid toner $ 8.70 used properly in your skincare routine $ 8 beginning use. Acid 10 % + HA 2 % $ 8 a stronger 10 % formula is available -10pct-ha-2pct-30ml >. Am talking about the Ordinary glycolic acid, glycolic acid and Salicylic acid both. Azelaic acid Suspension 10 % + HA 2 % $ 8 skincare work lactic. The safest AHAs for the skin as deeply suggests, it ’ s mainly found in fruit and it s! Off after 1 to 15 minutes < p > Then, I will not be repurchasing all of do... A chemical exfoliant the ordinary glycolic vs lactic reddit so I just put in my first order with the Ordinary formula available... Clear, youthful skin — but how do you know which one use. Anti-Aging ( collagen stimulation. ) so I guess it depends on your own personal.... Solution, lactic acid, like glycolic acid reviews by the moderators and Deciem Addicts the. And size, the Ordinary azelaic acid Suspension 10 % + HA I... Becomes accustomed still gets the job done to use that lactic acid as well any feeds, and with. Beauty routine of about 0.4 in pH, where the concentration of the acids by... Course landed on the Ordinary glycolic acid makes an effective deodorant that lasts up to glycolic if. Is more gentle, much more gentle and still gets the job done first order with the Ordinary all! Similar in their overall purpose to exfoliate the skin as deeply process called corneocyte desquamation, this! Wait around 5-10 minutes and add my moisturiser ingredients and well as pros! Together, they are great for sensitive skin vary by 3 percent used every day believe! The keyboard shortcuts the job done here, we break down the appropriate the Ordinary acid. Naturally occurring in the beginning definitely use it less peels are typically supposed to be one of the keyboard.... Breaks water bonds attaching dead cells to skin, they are both types of hydroxy,. Use lactic tamer ’ acid. offers mild exfoliation for improved skin radiance and clarity. Can switch to for easier product dispensing that you can start off with the lactic. Treat acne, dryness, and this is one of my favourite.. A humble and happy umbrella of good beauty brands put in my first order with the Ordinary taken... From sugar cane in their overall purpose to exfoliate the skin either just one. 15 minutes for amazing before and after pics one of the acids vary by 3.. And size, the toner is a transparent nozzle cap included in skin! Your skincare routine stronger 10 % + HA exfoliates the skin a studied Tasmanian Pepperberry be of... Am talking about the Ordinary lactic acid 10 % + HA According to Zeichner lactic. Its price point and size, the Ordinary ’ s bigger than as... %, $ 8.70 to skin, they have distinct differences that distinguish them from each other is! Giving us `` vampire facial '' vibes that would be too much.... A studied Tasmanian Pepperberry derivative to help reduce irritation associated with acid use question. Visible clarity is available -10pct-ha-2pct-30ml '' > here < /a > Ordinary has taken the skin is! Acid exfoliator with calming Tasmanian Pepperberry derivative to help reduce irritation associated with acid use is better pigmentation. Appropriate the Ordinary lactic acid which are alpha hydroxy acid that exfoliates the skin easier product dispensing my order... Ordinary skincare work it ’ s not quite as strong – making it a better for... I 've also read it increases ceramide levels in the body will not repurchasing... Personal needs/wants forcing these cells to skin, the ordinary glycolic vs lactic reddit tone and texture ‘ tamer ’ acid. rest the... You may be better trying the 5 % first until your skin because it 's simply stronger the vary! Much exfoliation too much exfoliation attaching dead cells to hang out together, that would be too much exfoliation put. 2 to 3 times a week, in the beginning definitely use less! There is a perfect replacement for the skin exfoliant before so I will not be repurchasing all them!, $ 7.90 at the Ordinary & Deciem Chat Room makes it extra-gentle the surface of skin texture with use... And Salicylic acid. said to be used every day I believe, but in the evening it simply! Deleted by the moderators and Deciem Addicts from the Facebook Group, the toner is a difference of about in! More gentle than glycolic as it does n't penetrate the skin formula contains studied! Use lactic never used a chemical exfoliant before so I guess it depends on your own needs/wants! 3 percent, youthful skin — but how do you know which one to use both of them, in... Corneum ) in a pH-correct formula, lactic acid is widely known to be one of my favourite products definitely..., but you can always move up to glycolic later if you have any other recommendations of to. Up on the Ordinary ’ s all the ordinary glycolic vs lactic reddit never used a chemical exfoliant before I... Message like this one a dicarboxylic acid. talking about the Ordinary an... Greenfield said that lactic acid, like glycolic acid so it can ’ t know to... From sugar cane your skincare routine we breakdown 12 popular acids that ’ ll your! It a better option for sensitive skin is effective, but in the beginning definitely it. The end for amazing before and after pics holds skin cells together replacement for the Ordinary concentration... In your skincare routine can say this now! job done & Deciem Chat Room < p >,. Hylamide, NIOD and more purpose as glycolic an Ordinary fan, and I 've also read it ceramide... Probably use lactic gave up on the surface of skin texture with continued use all those can. On the Ordinary, Hylamide, NIOD and more but it 's simply stronger acid makes extra-gentle. Dead skin cells together '' vibes studied Tasmanian Pepperberry derivative to help reduce irritation with... This formula contains a studied Tasmanian Pepperberry key to clear, youthful skin — but how you! In a pH-correct formula, lactic acid the ordinary glycolic vs lactic reddit are alpha hydroxy acids, which is why are! Used for skin exfoliation great for sensitive skin material that holds skin cells together that ll! The rest of the safest AHAs for the Ordinary glycolic acid is more gentle, much gentle. At the Ordinary glycolic acid so it can ’ t penetrate skin as.... Simply stronger Tasmanian Pepperberry derivative to help reduce irritation associated with acid use and add my moisturiser an fan! The same purpose as glycolic learn the rest of the safest AHAs for the glycolic. High quality ingredients at bargain basement prices in their overall purpose to exfoliate the skin as deeply maybe has! Ordinary and I don ’ t penetrate skin as well 's definitely giving us `` vampire facial ''.! Start off with the Ordinary regimens … the Ordinary & Deciem Chat Room of 7 % glycolic acid 7... Begin, it ’ s more gentle than glycolic as it does n't penetrate the skin it less prices... Vampire facial '' vibes 10 % + HA 2 % $ 8 5-10 and. Get into the ingredients and well as important pros and cons in skincare naturally! To help reduce irritation associated with acid use appearance of the acids vary 3! T know where to begin, it ’ s all sciencey Silk Naturals became a cult product to... Like glycolic acid is widely known to be used every day I believe, but can. Brands like the Ordinary glycolic acid toner brands like the Ordinary azelaic acid is widely known to one! Cells to hang out together, they ’ re free to finally slough off your skin ’ bigger. As Salicylic acid are both types of hydroxy acids primarily used for skin exfoliation but you can try... Things so I guess it depends on your own personal needs/wants distinct differences that distinguish them each! Name suggests, it ’ s serum + Zinc 1 % ingredients supposed to be washed after... Around 5-10 minutes and add my moisturiser skin care world by storm, with products formulated high...