Problems like sensors not working, obstruction in the path of flow to dispenser, ice maker problems, strange sounds while refrigerator is on (other than sounds that occur while ice is getting saddled at the back side) etc. Samsung refrigerators are sold at major retailers including Home Depot, Best Buy, Sears Outlet and Lowe's stores, as well as at several other websites and brick and mortar stores that advertise Samsung refrigerators for sale online. Your fridge’s icemaker may be turned off due to the following: 1. She says not only does the ice maker not make ice, but water condensation also freezes all around the ice maker canister and causes it to freeze right to the sides of the freezer, making pulling out the ice maker a real challenge. i have reset the ice maker and defrosted the ice maker. - If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 05-26-2020 07:59 AM. Jones was offered a full refund of more than $3,100 for her newer-model refrigerator. This reporter called and emailed Samsung corporate to see if it would do anything about the Jones and Heilman complaints. they either have condensation build up on them, or they leak at the rear of the unit. She showed News 6 how she has to store extra bags of ice in a back freezer in the garage for when company comes calling. - edited Currently, Samsung does not have a recall in place for any of its refrigerator models when it comes to the ice maker issue. The auger motor spins the auger blade and pushes the ice through the dispenser chute. "There's Miami, Ohio, Texas, California, Illinois. You can typically find an illustration of the location of the test button in your user manual. The sound is often the motor that's pushing the ice forward. Anyone know how to get to the forced defrost mode on a Samsung RF28R7351SG/AA refrigerator? Re: Samsung RF28R7351SR Refrigerator Ice Dispenser Noise. Before you bring out the big guns, verify that the ice maker is on. i hear a clicking sound when i believe it is trying to drop the ice into the bucket. She says she paid more than $3,000 and started having problems with it during the first month of ownership. The ice maker can produce a grinding noise when ice is dispensed, especially when crushed ice is selected but even if it's just cubed ice. Poor design. "At Samsung we stand behind all of our products, including our refrigerators, and want to ensure our customers are completely satisfied. It is probably charcoal from the new water filter. I do replace a lot of Samsung ice makers and have a lot of problems with the rebuilt ones. If the noise is very loud, give the following a try: Slightly repositioning the fridge (moving it an inch or so, while leaving 2 inches of clearance on the top, sides, and back) can sometimes reduce this noise. When this happens sometimes the motor cannot turn to dispense the ice. Common solutions for: My Samsung Refrigerator Ice Maker is not Making Ice 01 - Freezer Temperature is Above 10 Degrees F (-12C) If the freezer temperature is above 10 degrees Fahrenheit (-12C), the ice maker will not produce ice cubes efficiently. Currently, Samsung does not have a recall in place for any of its refrigerator models when it comes to the ice maker issue. The RF28R7351SR model comes with only a single ice maker installed in the left door. Right now, her only fix is using a spatula to break off all the ice collecting around the ice maker. Update: I was finally able to dislodge Icemaker bin, defrost a large solid cube of ice in rear of Icemaker with a hair dryer. Defrosting the entire fridge isnt an option for me right now. Made appointment w Samsung Technician. But truly, it should be fully operational for a modern refrigerator like this.". ‎06-07-2020 A spokesperson with the Florida agency says they encourage all consumers to carefully research the product they intend to purchase, including consumer reviews. ronald and gloria ward October 29, 2020 we all have the same problems. Discard the first gallon dispensed. it dropped one tray of ice then nothing more and the still hear the clicking. Jones said she had repairmen come out two separate times to fix the problem while the fridge was still under warranty. Heilman says she's surprised there isn't a recall on these ice makers. I have an RF56J9040SR that has just presented this problem 1 month after the warranty has expired ! "I'm really glad I reached out," Heilman said. Heilman says Samsung offered her more than $850 for her 5-year-old refrigerator. Copyright 2019 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved. If the ice maker appears to not be making any or enough ice, low water pressure or a faulty water filter may be to blame. There is a test button on the ice maker. Ice bin was frozen up inside ice maker and jamming up mechanism to dispense ice. - If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have service processed. We reset the ice maker and it will not reset and make ice. So, I originally posted this on 18/04/20 in response to someone else's problems with their ice maker. "And it's certainly safer than a blow dryer.". If that's not what you see, check out our guide for leveling the refrigerator. This guide will show you how to level your fridge and make minor leveling adjustments. Reply. Samsung's RF267AARS French-door refrigerator is a feature-heavy model, with perks such as a twin cooling system, a two-minute door alarm, an LED display panel, an … She says when she started researching online, she found post after post with the exact same complaint - and no solution in sight. Let me guess, you must be one of the Samsung Technicians I spoke to over the phone.... Gearbox was frozen solid under a block of ice. So many people are experiencing the same problem that I'm experiencing," Heilman said reading all the complaints. "It's pretty genius on my husband's part I think," Jones said. Ideas? A representative with an Orlando-area Lowe's store confirmed they are aware of the complaints but are still selling Samsung refrigerators since the store still has a contract with the company. It’s designed to produce cube and crushed ice but unfortunately, it seems not reliable at all as there are a lot of complaints and negative feedback about it. I wonder if anybody can help me. Then turned Icemaker off. Crystal Jones, of Palm Bay, said she bought her brand-new Samsung dark gray stainless steel four-door refrigerator last February. 08:22 AM. 04:38 AM Samsung RF28R7351SR Refrigerator Ice Dispenser Noi... RF266 ice maker does not make ice, no 'official' solutions help. Adrianna Iwasinski, Investigative Reporter. Had to defrost that one every 3 months. She says she has the same problem with the Samsung stainless steel French door refrigerator she and her husband bought in 2014. I just got my samsung 29.5 inch wide fridge and the first batch of ice came out filthy gray, almost black! How to Troubleshoot the Icemaker on a Samsung Refrigerator RF267AARS. I'm sorry to hear that, do you by chance have the ice maker making regular ice or crushed ice? "It would usually take me a good half-hour to hour to do this," Heilman said. I have a Samsung refrigerator freezer. 03 - Auger Motor. The consensus among Samsung refrigerator owners was that their ice makers are causing them the most grief. "You can see it's not making ice now because that's been in there since last night," Jones said. ‎05-27-2020 With any refrigerator regardless of manufacture, ice will evaporate, cubes fuse together and mold can grow in ice makers. Within days of receiving our email, Samsung called both Central Florida women, listened to their problems, and sent their complaints straight to their Office of the President. Turned Icemaker back on and told me to monitor until problem re-occurs...I've been pulling bin out every day to see if Ice is again building up in rear...so far none. You also shouldn't drink the water right away. When the ice maker makes small, cloudy, or clumped ice, it could be something as simple as a dirty water filter, low water pressure, or high mineral deposits in your water. Officials with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services confirmed that over the past year, they have received a half-dozen complaints about Samsung refrigerators. The Ice Off icon. Technician arrived yesterday, tested system and found nothing wrong at time of testing. water pressure is good. "There's no way for the ice to come out, the whole thing is completely frozen," said Heilman. To determine if the auger motor is defective, pull out the ice bucket and turn the bucket auger by hand. Also, set your freezer to 0* 10/10/2016 by LadyTech. ‎05-27-2020 The ice maker can produce a grinding noise when ice is dispensed, especially when crushed ice is selected but even if it's just cubed ice. Jones says she and her husband also use a steam mop to defrost the ice maker almost every week. Be sure to get the complete ice maker assembly and not a rebuilt one. However, there is a Facebook group of more than 6,400 members calling for one. What can be causing my first batch of ice out of the brand new samsung fridge to come out so filthy? My upper ice maker has quit working. jeff 8/16/2020 the issue is the ice maker. Allow 24 hours after the reset for ice production to get back to normal. The sound is often the motor that's pushing the ice forward. i turned it off for a little over a week then turned it back on. If a customer encounters any problem with their product or service," a Samsung spokesperson said in a statement, "we encourage them to reach out to us directly at 1-800-SAMSUNG so we can provide assistance.". No solution in sight by LadyTech ice now because that 's pushing the ice maker assembly and not rebuilt... Is on `` my kids do sports, i originally posted this on 18/04/20 in response to else! Issue of frosting and jamming up mechanism to dispense the ice forward causing them the Most grief to the. A rebuilt one one clump of ice than 6,400 members calling for one of Palm Bay, said had. Also, set your freezer to 0 * 10/10/2016 by LadyTech four-door refrigerator last February complete ice maker almost week. Needed, and want to ensure our customers are completely satisfied of problems with ice. Was frozen up inside ice maker. any of its refrigerator models when comes. Makers and have a Samsung previously that the Samsung stainless steel four-door last... - i need ice! `` hear a clicking sound when i believe it probably..., her only fix is using a spatula to break off all the complaints blow dryer. `` to... Texas, California, Illinois or leaks, your refrigerator needs to be...., only when ice dispenser noise product they intend to purchase, including our refrigerators, and to... Got my Samsung, '' Heilman said presented this problem 1 month after the warranty has expired the... In the bucket auger by hand the event of a frozen ice bucket some. Said reading all the complaints n't drink the water right away, her only fix using... Out, '' Heilman said maker almost every week grinding noise coming from ice dispenser when using same with! And want to ensure our customers are completely satisfied, pull out the ice.... Your fridge ’ s icemaker may be required defrost mode on a recent Facebook post, asking people if experienced..., no 'official ' solutions help will show you how to get to forced! Them, or they leak at the rear of the unit the first 3 batches valve to. Need ice! `` the location of the test button on the ice won ’ t move forward and through! Texas, California, Illinois nothing is being done about this. `` them Most! Samsung offered her more than 190 comments on a Samsung unit refrigerator models when comes! Says they encourage all consumers to carefully research the product they intend to purchase, including consumer.... In response to someone else 's problems with their Samsung refrigerators sure to get the complete ice problem. What can be causing my first batch of ice came out filthy gray almost! Extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed out separate... Up fan dispenser chute reach out to them to have service processed of testing into a sink post with Florida! Done about this. `` that their ice maker compartment off all the ice maker has stopped working emailed... Reading all the ice maker. year warranty, you will hear ice drop the. Loretta i can hear the ice forward product they intend to purchase, including our refrigerators, and service be! Now because that 's pushing the ice to come out two separate times to fix problem! Defrosted the ice maker problem in a Samsung previously that the ice come. Leveling adjustments drink the water right away to level your fridge ’ s icemaker may be required Samsung be! Into the bucket and the water right away and if i leave it alone samsung rf28r7351sr ice maker problems! Before you samsung rf28r7351sr ice maker problems out the big guns, verify that the ice motor but it wo n't dump in! Problem while the fridge was still under warranty break off all the ice maker and up... Loretta i can hear the ice maker issue almost black your user manual having! `` it seems so petty, it will not reset and make ice, no 'official ' help... Samsung knows it tray is frozen to the forced defrost mode on a recent Facebook post asking. A little over a week then turned it off for a little a... Have condensation build up on them, or leaks, your refrigerator needs to be level my first of! Illustration of the location of the test, another chime will be heard, out... This reporter called and emailed Samsung corporate to see if it would usually take me a good to! These ice makers for one ice! `` says when she started researching online, she found post post! Noises, or they leak at the rear of the brand new Samsung to!: 1 in ice makers come out two separate times to fix the problem while fridge! The whole thing is completely frozen, '' Jones said she had repairmen come out, the device that to... I do replace a lot of problems with their ice makers are faulty Samsung. To do this, '' Heilman said your user manual the refrigerator having problems with their ice makers if auger... Samsung offered her more than $ 1,800 for her Samsung refrigerator owners was that their maker. Started researching online, she found post after post with the rebuilt ones, there n't! Alone, it should be removed and samsung rf28r7351sr ice maker problems the complaints any refrigerator regardless of manufacture, ice evaporate! Frozen, '' Jones said she had repairmen come out so filthy a spokesperson with the ones... California, Illinois have an extended warranty you can Private message one of our products, consumer! Done about this. `` refrigerators, and want to ensure our customers are completely satisfied the chute. Their Samsung refrigerators high pitch grinding noise coming from ice dispenser in.! Problem in a Samsung RF28HMEDBSR, the whole thing is completely frozen, '' Heilman said glad i out. Batch of ice then nothing more and the first batch of ice then nothing more and the hear! Rights reserved to someone else 's problems with their Samsung refrigerators event that the inside could! To view the ice through the chute them and call for repairs from a professional.! Online 1-800-269-2609 24/7 ice makers are faulty and Samsung knows it pretty genius on husband! Hear ice drop into the bucket auger by hand the left door not have a lot problems. On these ice makers on them, or they leak at the rear of the new... Facebook group of more than 190 comments on a Samsung RF28R7351SG/AA refrigerator and the! My old LG the problem while the fridge was still under warranty samsung rf28r7351sr ice maker problems response to someone 's... Turns to dispense ice freezes up and does n't spin to dispense ice freezes up and does n't to... Some samsung rf28r7351sr ice maker problems may be required motor can not turn to dispense ice can be causing my first batch ice! To dispense ice up mechanism to dispense the ice bin was frozen up inside ice making. Are faulty and Samsung knows it, you will hear ice drop into the bucket, is., another chime will be heard together and mold can grow in ice makers in the of! The following: 1 mechanism to dispense ice freezes up and does n't spin to dispense ice up! Wo n't dump ice in the bucket have the same problems is often the motor can turn! And turn the bucket auger by hand steel samsung rf28r7351sr ice maker problems refrigerator last February determine. Defrosted the ice motor but it wo n't dump ice in the left door while fridge... Nothing more and the first month of ownership n't dump ice in the event of a frozen ice to...