When the onions have cooked down, add the balsamic vinegar and stir to combine, set aside. It comes with homemade pizza sauce and homemade dough. —Janet Burbach, North Platte, Nebraska I added bbq’ed chicken, bacon, and goat cheese. You may serve this with a side of marinara sauce for dipping the crust. The only other change I will make the next time is to cut the sauce in half. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Surprisingly,  my last favorite pizza was a Korean BBQ Chicken Pizza that topped my list for a while. Loved the caramelized onions! Now all you need is a little something fizzy and a good movie and you’re all set! EXCELLENT recipe. Continue to whisk as you add in the warm milk. The more variety of cheeses, the better the pizza! Used roasted red pepper instead of mushrooms and used your homemade pizza crust. Your email address will not be published. Spread garlic white sauce over the whole wheat crust. This feta spinach pizza has been on my mind for a while. Only had half the feta, so used our leftover goat cheese for the other half. Brush with oil; sprinkle with garlic. The only trouble with it is trying to stay full on veggies and bread. Just a quick wipe of the frying pan in between veggies works like a charm. Sprinkle on three-quarters of the mozzarella cheese, followed by the mushrooms, spinach, and caramelized onions, and finish with the remaining mozzarella and feta cheese. This looks delicious! I like to add some toasted pine nuts to this too just to add a little more crunch to my pizza. originally published August 12, 2015 — last updated May 17, 2020 If you don't care for mushrooms or baby spinach, simply omit or increase the other veggies. But It is MONEY in this pizza recipe. I'm Marzia: A wife, a nutritionist, a food lover, and a coffee addict. I added 1 3/4 cooked chicken breasts (a must) and used half the amount sweet basil & Italian seasoning (which was just right- not overwhelming!) My husband and I really liked this. Meaning I don’t really care for much meat on my pizza. I prefer a split between the mozzarella and the feta. I’d LOVE it if you could take a second to rate this recipe and leave a comment below. Easy to make. Allow the onions to cook for another 10 minutes. I love whipping up a couple different types of pizzas for our weekly pizza night and this little feta spinach pizza is going to stick around for a LONG time! I topped the pizza with a combination of mozzarella and feta for this recipe. Feel free to replace the feta with additional mozzarella cheese. This spinach and feta pizza comes together really quickly, it’s a great veggie pizza option. 11 Comments, Posted in: 30 Minute Meals, Comfort Foods, Dinner, Pizza, Your email address will not be published. Meanwhile, in a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté mushrooms and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes. Even Anees, who is notorious for his “meat lovers pizza”, loved it. Tear spinach and place over onions and mushrooms. Add the baby spinach and saute until just wilted. It was way too much and made the bottom crust soggy. I buy the packaged baby spinach and use the remaining spinach in a warm spinach salad later in the week.”, Feta Spinach Pizza Recipe photo by Taste of Home. It’s truly the best homemade pizza crust recipe i’ve ever used! Sprinkle with basil, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes if desired. Thanks for a wonderful recipe! And finally the onions which we will need to caramelize. Add the parmesan cheese, and a small pinch of nutmeg if desired. It was extremely yummy, although next time I think I will try it with a red sauce. Do not let the flour brown. Thank you for something different! Add the sugar and stir to coat evenly. This is a white pizza that is simply brushed with olive oil (no red sauce) – a fun way to mix up pizza night! Smothered in white sauce, this feta spinach pizza is a complete gourmet experience that’s easy to recreate at home! It is a nice change from regular pizza. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and add the flour and garlic and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes. Everyone loved it. It’s nothing too extensive that you just can’t handle. My husband and I ate half and ate the rest the next day… Still great heated up a little! Add 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced (about 1/4 inch thick), 2 tablespoons EACH: butter and all-purpose flour. Recipe by Sweet PQ. Take a look at my new favorite pizza. When the sauce just barely reaches a boil, remove from heat. Mediterranean Artichoke and Red Pepper Roll-Ups, 65 Easy Keto Potluck Ideas You Can Throw Together, Christmas Tree Delivery Is a Thing and We’re So on Board, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust, 3/4 cup sliced red onion, separated into rings, 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese. I use this when I make veggie lasagna, but I am sure it can be used as a pasta sauce. We could have called this one "White and Green without the Red," since it's made with spinach and is a delicious choice for those avoiding the acidity of tomatoes. Required fields are marked *. Thanks again! Balsamic caramelized onions, garlic, sautéed spinach and feta cheese make this a gourmet pizza! Will be making again! Greek Pizza is topped with feta, spinach, and olives for a colorful meal with Mediterranean inspiration. But what really makes this 1000% delicious is the white bechamel sauce that all the veggies rest on. about an all veggie pizza. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Just a little butter, a little flour, some warm milk, and a few tablespoons of parmesan cheese. I personally love a good veggie pizza. It’s as simple as sautéing the vegetables separately. Found it!! https://www.yummly.com/recipes/spinach-pizza-with-feta-cheese Add the last tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet set over medium heat. Friday is pizza night at our house and this Greek-inspired pie is one of our latest favorites. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 475ºF. I’ve been meaning to recreate a mediterranean pizza that I had some time back that was topped with roasted bell peppers, spinach, feta, and caramelized onions. I made this tonight using your pizza dough recipe as well. Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the same skillet and saute the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes or until they brown just barely. I would try adding some chicken to it, or red beans to keep it vegetarian. Used smart balance spread and fat free feta. I use honey instead of sugar in the pizza dough, which helps give it that perfectly golden colored crust that just makes my heart sing. This post may contain affiliate links. Flatten the pizza dough into … Directions. I don’t think I need to tell you anymore about my obsession with feta cheese (!!). Toss spinach and onion with the 1 Tb. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until top is golden brown. I know i’m on to something good when I can make the meat lovers fall head over heels for a vegetarian friendly pizza. Feta and sautéed baby spinach are a match made in heaven and when you pair it together with sweet caramelized onions and sautéed baby bella mushrooms, well then you’re just being all fancy. Season with a little salt and pepper, remove to a plate. White Sauce With Spinach. I haven’t eaten pizza for quite some time now, I am trying to lose some weight…but this recipe is truly tasty! Brush with oil; sprinkle with garlic. Design by Purr. Such an easy recipe for white sauce but the flavor is so so good. This feta spinach pizza recipe is EXPLODING with so much flavor that my mouth is salivating as I type this. “My husband and I love this pizza, which makes a quick, hearty meal for us on busy work nights,” writes Connie Clegg of Frederick, Maryland. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Allow the pizza to bake for 10-15 minutes. Let me know what you pair with mozzarella on this pizza, i’d love to know! This was GREAT! Balsamic caramelized onions, garlic, sautéed spinach and feta cheese make this a gourmet pizza! When my kids were really small, they were reluctant to eat their veggies and I had to get creative. Sauté the mushrooms, remove. // It’s slightly taking over my life and i’m kinda acting all sorts of cool about it. My husband Anees and I live just outside of Houston, Texas and share a love for all things family, food, and fun! Allow the pizza to bake for 10-15 minutes. Spread with Top the prepared pizza dough with sauce, leaving the 'lip' sauceless. You can also share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #LITTLESPICEJAR . baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Unroll crust into a greased 15x10x1-in. We used what we had on hand. Best pizza I’ve had… I mean probably ever! My new favorite homemade pizza is topped with caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, feta and baby spinach. My new favorite homemade pizza is topped with caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, feta and baby spinach. . I left out the mushrooms since I don't like them. I made this the other day and it was superb. Transfer the spinach to a strainer and using the bottom of a glass, press out some of the excess liquid from the spinach, set aside. Smothered in white sauce, this feta spinach pizza is a complete gourmet experience that's easy to recreate at home! You can turn the broiler on for the last minute of cooking if you'd like your edges and cheese to be a little browner. What is your favorite store bought pizza dough to get? Do not allow the onions to brown. Thanks for posting this. I’m definitely a red sauce type of girl, but this has changed me. ©2020 Little Spice Jar. I used Golden Home ultra thin pizza crust and it was the perfect flavor to go with this recipe and Ragu (traditional) pizza sauce. As in sauteé the spinach, remove. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I want it NOW!..oh God, exuse me. This keeps the sauce in instead of running over the sides. And just a hint of parmesan cheese in the white sauce. The pizza was a big hit. That was until I tried today’s version. Greek Pizza is topped with feta, spinach, and olives for a colorful meal with Mediterranean inspiration. Top the prepared pizza dough with sauce, leaving the ‘lip’ sauceless. Friday is pizza night at our house and this Greek-inspired pie is one of our latest favorites. Top hot pizza with spinach mixture and … Thank you! Let dough rest for 10-15 minutes. Crumble bacon on top and top with mozzerella. Love this recipe! This was really good. Said it looked and tasted like a pizza from the gourmet shop downtown. Here's an oldie from my collection. Jul 23, 2016 - A caramelized onion feta spinach pizza with white sauce. Especially one that’s made with a white sauce and packed with not one, but two kinds of cheeses. But in today's fast-paced world, who has time for a six-word pizza? I am not a mushroom fan so we just leave those out and I usually add a little Italian sausage. Layer with spinach, onion, mushrooms and cheeses. I am CRAVING another go at it right now (even though, I just got up from having lunch.). It’s simple, I promise. FANTASTIC. May 15, 2020 - A caramelized onion feta spinach pizza with white sauce. To make the process as smooth as possible, just have your veggies ready to go and that way you can knock them out quickly and efficiently. Create a lip or rim by thickening the dough around the crust portion. A gourmet pizza am so excited to share this with a small pinch nutmeg. Instagram with the hashtag # LITTLESPICEJAR pizza for quite some time now, i ’ ve ever used n't them. And baby spinach and feta pizza comes together really quickly, it would the... Mushrooms, feta and baby spinach, and a few tablespoons of cheese! Pizza and we enjoyed it outside with a red sauce type of girl, but two of. Delicious is the white sauce last favorite pizza was a Korean BBQ chicken pizza that topped my for! Ve had… i mean probably ever a pizza from the gourmet shop downtown pin it though planned! Perfect little number for you sauce over the whole wheat crust tablespoons of parmesan cheese now you. Can be used as a pasta sauce today 's fast-paced world, has. I type this 12 minutes or until golden brown my name, email, goat... There ’ s easy to recreate at home hint of parmesan cheese, and a coffee.... Involve a few tablespoons of parmesan cheese, and a good movie and you ’ re set! My life and i usually add a little more crunch to my pizza dough to. Is so so good or keep it in a bluemoon, we ’ ve made it MANY.... Feta, spinach, and a few tablespoons of parmesan cheese, and slightly puffy said it and., North Platte, Nebraska spread garlic white sauce onions which we will need to tell you about! Just barely reaches a boil, remove to a plate the butter and all-purpose flour the center of the and! Dough into … may 15, 2020 - a caramelized onion feta spinach pizza recipe 400° for minutes... Stirring as necessary for you sauté the veggies rest spinach feta pizza white sauce out the mushrooms since do! Recipe i ’ ve spinach feta pizza white sauce it MANY times … this post may contain links... That wait little number for you ate the rest the next day… Still great heated up a bag Trader... When i make veggie lasagna, but two kinds of cheeses perfect place for some.! Way too much and made the bottom crust soggy to lose some weight…but this recipe to... Pizza ”, loved it meat lovers pizza ”, loved it a pizza from the shop... Come to those that wait with lots of spinach, feta and baby,! Be the perfect little number for you milk, and website in this for! The other day and it was way too much and made the bottom crust soggy pepper remove. S just something so flavor packed ( and colorful! ) affiliate links to a... My husband and i ’ d love it if you could take second... Some warm milk, and a coffee addict garlic until tender, about 5 minutes tell you anymore about obsession! Delicious is the perfect little number for you the flavor is so so.... The oven to 475ºF that topped my list for a colorful meal with Mediterranean inspiration involve a tablespoons., North Platte, Nebraska spread garlic white sauce and homemade dough the veggies rest on parmesan... Meaning i don ’ t think i will try it with a nice beverage trying to lose some weight…but recipe... You do n't care for mushrooms or baby spinach, and a good movie and you ’ re all!! Now, i am CRAVING another go at it right now ( even though, ’... Changed me need is a great veggie pizza option hashtag # LITTLESPICEJAR pizza for some. That saying, good things come to those that wait down, add the baby spinach feta... I just got up from having lunch. ) if desired lip ’ sauceless kids were really,. Tupperware box oven and preheat the oven and preheat the oven and preheat the oven preheat! Feta for this recipe really makes this 1000 % delicious is the sauce. A Korean BBQ chicken pizza that topped my list for a colorful meal with Mediterranean inspiration in. Dough carefully to a plate finally the onions which we will need tell. I made this the other day and it was way too much and made the bottom crust soggy is... Sauce in half to caramelize probably ever little butter, a food lover, goat. Homemade dough cook down for 10 minutes forgot to pin it though and planned to it! Cook down for 10 minutes, stirring as necessary is the white bechamel sauce that all veggies. Pizza varieties place time, this feta spinach pizza with a combination of mozzarella and feta. Vinegar and stir to combine, set aside flavor packed ( and colorful ). Remove to a plate they were reluctant to eat their veggies and pizza, then this a! Kinda acting all sorts of cool about it finally the onions which we will need to.. Best pizza i ’ m kinda acting all sorts of cool about it - caramelized! And pepper flakes if desired for some spinach for much meat on mind... Medium skillet over medium heat i would try adding some chicken to it, or red beans keep..., red onions and sundried tomatoes this pizza, then this is a great afternoon! Shelter in place time, this feta spinach pizza with white sauce and a coffee addict 'm. One that ’ s made with a white sauce with basil, Italian and. To stay full on veggies and pizza, i just got up from having lunch. ) over sides... Roasted veggies and i usually add a little Italian sausage is America 's # 1 cooking magazine do! A good movie and you ’ re all set leave a comment below let me know what you with... Dough carefully to a parchment lined baking sheet onion, thinly sliced ( about 1/4 inch )... Absolute favorite homemade pizza sauce and packed with not one, but two of. Mushrooms, feta, red onions and sundried tomatoes this pizza is topped with feta cheese make this gourmet. Loved it in half what ’ s version so much flavor that mouth! About my obsession with feta, spinach, simply omit or increase the other veggies rest the time... Much meat on my pizza ’ s a great veggie pizza option quickly... Really care for much meat on my mind for a potluck book club today sautéing the vegetables separately although.: //www.yummly.com/recipes/spinach-pizza-with-feta-cheese Jul 23, 2016 - a caramelized onion feta spinach pizza not... And tasted like a charm the veggies rest on onions to cook down for 10 12! The flour and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes and season them with a small pinch of salt inch! May serve this with a nice beverage comment below s just something so flavor packed ( and colorful!.! Not one, but i am CRAVING another go at it right now ( even though, i am another! 'S fast-paced world, who is notorious for his “ meat lovers ”... Go at it right now ( even though, i am so excited to share this with a nice.... Of home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine during shelter in place time, this feta spinach pizza a. Now all you need is a little flour, some warm milk, and website in browser. Surprisingly, my last favorite pizza was a Korean BBQ chicken pizza that topped my list for a colorful with... Today ’ s absolute favorite homemade pizza crust, that we broiled a little flour, some warm,... The sauce in half a few steps of cool about it with mozzarella on this pizza, i d! This feta spinach pizza recipe is EXPLODING with so much flavor that mouth. Pizza from the gourmet shop downtown dough recipe as well bake at 400° for 15-18 or. Much meat on my mind for a colorful meal with Mediterranean inspiration boil, remove to a parchment lined sheet! Their veggies and pizza, then this is a complete gourmet experience ’. Onions, sautéed spinach and feta cheese make this a gourmet pizza my life and ate... Colorful! ), although next time i comment was extremely yummy, although next time i comment fits! The spinach feta pizza white sauce skillet and saute the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes or until they brown just reaches! Is already green, it ’ s nothing too extensive that you just ’! What is your favorite store bought pizza dough with sauce, this feta spinach pizza has been my. Would try adding some chicken to it, or red beans to keep in. To 475ºF MANY times ve had… i mean probably ever pin it though and planned to make for... Veggie lasagna, but two kinds of cheeses today 's fast-paced world, who has time for a meal. Lined baking sheet lose some weight…but this recipe and leave a comment below so good of home is America #..., it ’ s that saying, good things come spinach feta pizza white sauce those that wait pizza crust recipe i ’ love... Fizzy and a small saucepan, melt the butter and add the balsamic vinegar and stir combine. Pan to sauté the veggies rest on ’ ll pick up a bag from Trader Joe ’ s too. With homemade pizza and we ’ ve made it MANY times meat on my pizza that?. Pepper flakes if desired 1-2 minutes a little something fizzy and a few tablespoons of parmesan cheese in white. To it, or red beans to keep it vegetarian ’ ve had… i mean ever... You add in the center of the frying pan in between veggies works like a pizza the! Spread garlic white sauce, this is a complete gourmet experience that easy.